• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here it is the fastest PWM Fan in the world....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol, yeah at full speed its about as loud as a vacuum cleaner. But TBH, I do not think its any louder than my GTX 260 fans at full speed.

WHY???

Honestly i have NEVER needed anything beyond the 47cfm of the yate loon d12sl-12's.... A single one on my thermalright ultra 120... NOT THE EXTREME got my old 65nm e6600 c2d to 4ghz without a problem. Now i could see up to about 100cfm for extreme air cooling, but there is most definitely a point of diminishing return, and this fan is far beyond that IMO.

I would hate to listen to that thing anywhere above 1500rpms.

From the look of your current 4 machines, your running an E6600, E7200, E3300 and a Atom 1.6.

You have not yet felt the heat of an i7. Thermally, they are so much warmer than Dual Cores. Using a Venomous X, with Push/Pull Panaflos at 2500 RPMs and the i7 at 4.0 and 1.4V with HT enabled, the CPU hits 81 Degrees, anything less than that and your pushing high 90s with Thermal Throttle occurring at 99 degrees.

You can't really compare your 4 machines in your sig with an i7, sorry. ;)

This fan brings temps down a full 10 degrees and thats with Ambient Temps at 24-25 degrees Celcius.

I dare say only a Water Clocking rig could do the same temps, and personally I just can't justify the work involved or the possibility of WC parts failing on me.

I also did it to say I could. So sort of an E-peen award.

Do you happen to know how much air that is actually pushing? If I wasn't watching the video when you slowed it down from 6,000rpm's I would have thought you threw a jet plane video in. :p

According to the specs, it is 260 CFM, if you look at my PWM controller thread, it gives all of the info on the fan and how I built the controller. Its not all prettied up yet, but I am working on that.

Now that is.... the "FAN"! Will it allow you to run your hot i7 860 at 21x200? Do you use a shrowd to mount it to your cooler? At least with your controller you can dial back the RPM to find a decent balance between cooling and noise.

Yes, I can run at 21X200. Temps are about 80-85 degrees but I have to use 1.47-1.5V on my sucky chip. I really wish I had a better chip to show off the potential of this fan.

The benefit of my homemade controller is exactly that. Noise control. Most people complain that using these fans is just not worth it because of the noise.

When your Benching or playing games on the highest settings, Fan noise is the least of your concerns. Ask anyone with a SLI or X-fire system.

You don't run it on full blast all of the time, as a matter of fact, its maybe on high less than 10% of the week. But it is power when you need it.

Folks, remember, Brutal as the "Benching Team Member", and at benching club, overkill is the name of the game. :D

And the most important benefit using this combination is, that overkill capability can be brought out when needed without any hassle. ;)

I guess this investment you've made will last quite sometime in the future with you as long the air cooling needs 12cm fan isn't it ?

Great video Brutal. :clap:

i 100% agree you need air to move fast when benching and i bench once a day pretty much but also everything i have is liquid and im just running all my fans at 100% on the rads

Folks, remember, Brutal as the "Benching Team Member", and at benching club, overkill is the name of the game. :D

And the most important benefit using this combination is, that overkill capability can be brought out when needed without any hassle. ;)

I guess this investment you've made will last quite sometime in the future with you as long the air cooling needs 12cm fan isn't it ?

Great video Brutal. :clap:

Bing, I agree 10000%. I'm not saying loud is bad, the niose is an indication of it's power to cool.

Brutal spent a lot of time and effort in learning and building his own PWM circuit. With help from members. He's expanded his horizon and is a better man for it.

I myself am not a bencher, sadly to say not a cruncher in any way either. I appreciate your drive for the xtreme, it helps us all as it will trickle down to us folks.

Good stuff on OCF!

Thank you, this wouldn't be possible without input from bing and others at OCF. I am currently working on the "Micro Bug" Version of this.

I will post a video when I have the circuit complete. :)

Thanks folks for agreeing with me.

For those who don't follow Brutal's journey, this beast alone (single fan) when cranked up to it's max, it will make 10 degrees difference versus two very well respected Panaflo fans in push pull configuration.

From a bencher's perspective, the 10 degrees Celcius difference alone, with just simply a twist at the pot is a really serious and a well respected number in the bencher club. :rock:

So its not just for that e-peen thingy, this thing really rocks. :D

I am hoping that when I am done with this, that it is smaller than an Ice Cube. Ooooh I like that name. I think I will hence call my controller, "The Ice Cube" :D

Long live PWM :comp::rock:

Nice work Drew. :thup:

In the video, as you started to increase the RPM. I wondered if it had the oomph to nudge it. Sure enough it did. Then you stated what I thought was happening. (Vibration reduced the friction, then the pressure moved it.)

It's going to be even more interesting when you refine the circuit design.

Oh, if you want to reduce friction and vibration some. Most big box retail stores sell the non-slip neoprene shelving stuff in rolls. Works good for building on too. I use it working on my electronics and sitting computer parts on.. It could stop the pesky holding the (very cool bamboo) mount in place.

Last edited:
Considered going blower/squirrel cage?

That said, much props to your work here - very cool stuff! Would you be interested in featuring this on the frontpage?

Back