• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aluminum Case for $75???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intraveinous

Anyone had any experience with this case?
http://www.abilitycomputers.com/product.asp?0=200&1=285&3=330

I'm looking to build a lan box, but I still want it to have enough room to expand... I want the lessened weight that aluminum provides, but I'm really not willing to spend 175 bucks on a case without PSU...

So anyway, if you know anything about this case, quality, airflow considerations, etc, that'd be great if you could share...
Peace
John

nah... they're really heavy... I'm lookin for something I can put handles on or get one of those straps for... I've already got two 50 pound cases... :D
So yeah, anyone have any word on these?
Peace
John

Like most OCZ stuff, it looks like a pretty version of another company's items. It looks like a Skyhawk case to me. Check around for Skyhawk cases, they are aluminum and pretty inexpensive. Not as super-quality as Lian Li or Coolermaster, but you get what you pay for...

By 'not as super-quality' do you mean they're poorly designed? are they stable (don't bend easily)? do they have a lot of sharp edges? Come with thumscrews?
Peace
John

I can take the weight, i've been moving an enlight 7237 around for LANs, but I wouldn't mind something lighter, so maybe I can carry more than just the pc, ie, my duffle bag with mouse, keyboard etc...
Peace
John

Here's the Aluminum case I bought...
IPC4080_al-bk.gif

I love it because of it's included rackmount handles and 8 5.25" bays (I had to buy adapters to mount Hard drives and a Floppy, but that does allow me to cool the hard drives).
I'm now a converted believer of aluminum because my whole system now weighs a mere 18 pounds.
Skyhawk cases tend to have a number of sharp edges but they are just as sturdy as most I've seen.

Electroseller.com and NewEgg.com both have aluminum mid-towers w/ power supplies for $119 and above

Back