• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID 0+1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have never used the shrink/extend functions built into Intel Storage Manager, but I would be having a good look at that before going too much further... I think you should (DO BACK EVERYTHING UP FIRST) be able to adjust the volume sizes using that prog from within Windows, without too many issues.

Sorry for the no reply. I have this in a different folder in my subscriptions.

Umm, the thing is though that the 100GB partition that the OS is on is R0 and the other part of the drive is R1. Win7 won't know to extend the R0 partition will it? Which begs the question of using the Intel Storage program that loads in during boot. That is how I originally specified the R0 and R1 partitions.

from my relatively brief experience with Intel Matrix, you cannot extend more space once a drive has been RAIDed.

I noticed while configuring my drives in the Matrix Storage setup that any changes made to a R0 array will result in them being cleaned out by the setup program.

The safest bet would be to back-up, format, and reconfigure the arrays.

I agree that it is the safest way to go, but am pretty sure that the Matrix Manager software will handle it.

Whatever you do though... Backup first.

In fact... if you take the backup... instead of simply blowing it all away and starting again then rebuilding... you might as well have a go at the Matrix Manager anyway and see if it works... just might save you the destructive approach. If it doesn't work, proceed per the original plan and blow it all away then rebuild.

From what I can tell about the Matrix Manager it makes you format. I definitely will backup my drives first as I have A LOT stored on them. Well thanks for the replies.

From what I can tell about the Matrix Manager it makes you format. I definitely will backup my drives first as I have A LOT stored on them. Well thanks for the replies.

I know the one at boot-time does, but I thought the one in Windows would have allowed you to shrink the 2nd partition and then grow the raid0?

I know the one at boot-time does, but I thought the one in Windows would have allowed you to shrink the 2nd partition and then grow the raid0?

I might be missing the program that runs inside windows. The screenshot that show is from the computer manager that is default in Win7. I thought that there was a Intel Matrix program that would allow me to do it from inside Windows but I never had any success finding it on the net. I did have some Intel Raid Matrix Storage program but I uninstalled it because everytime I would BSOD it would scan the entire HDD and slow the comp down. This was killing my ability to OC. I might need to take another look for the software.

I might be missing the program that runs inside windows. The screenshot that show is from the computer manager that is default in Win7. I thought that there was a Intel Matrix program that would allow me to do it from inside Windows but I never had any success finding it on the net. I did have some Intel Raid Matrix Storage program but I uninstalled it because everytime I would BSOD it would scan the entire HDD and slow the comp down. This was killing my ability to OC. I might need to take another look for the software.

If you want your data to be safe, then you need to figure your OC out LONG BEFORE you move critical data. It's checking the RAID 1 because that is exactly what it's supposed to do!

I don't believe matrix raid allows for expansion. I don't think it offers raid level migration (ie 1 to 5) either

Thanks... you may be right... it's been a while since I was fully immersed in the Matrix (I've only had the ssd's in there for a few weeks) and the memory isn't improving.

Yea I have dug around a bit and I am pretty sure that my only option is to backup and reallocate.

To the comment about the OC before hand. Well you see, :p I thought I had it maxed out. As always I was wrong. So I started messing around with it again. The first time that I redid my RAID was because of BSODs.

I will check those links out but I think my above statement will hold true. Thanks for looking those links up!

Back