Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    InWin Green Me 750 W PSU has been tested. It's solid! Much better results ripple wise than the last one, though it doesn't have the ZOMG regulation.
    It also got the first Bobnova's Box of Doomish Heat Test, it got happier still in there.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Good to hear ripple issues aren't in all their PSUs. You'll have to throw the Box of Doomish Heat Test into the methods/equipment draft

What does it consist of?
    i7 4770K | ASRock Z87M OC Formula | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic X750
    Pentium G3258 | ASUS Z87I-Deluxe | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | 5x2TB RAIDZ | Corsair CX430

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (101-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    You'll like this.
    Bobnova's Box of Doomish Heat is a box. Made of cardboard, with a couple slots for cables.
    It's about the same width as a PSU, maybe 9" tall and 12" long.
    Plop it over the PSU and the exhaust goes right back in the intake.
    Lift the exhaust end to allow some to escape to control temps.

Next on the list for it is some advanced monitoring hardware that costs an infinite amount more money (seriously, because the box was free :P) to track the temps on a more automatic basis.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Nice, I love the DIY/improv stuff

Can you tape a K-type bead probe somewhere inside the PSU and use your benching thermometer?
    i7 4770K | ASRock Z87M OC Formula | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic X750
    Pentium G3258 | ASUS Z87I-Deluxe | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.35v | 5x2TB RAIDZ | Corsair CX430

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

That's what the temp monitoring stuff is essentially.
    One probe above the intake, one in the center of the exhaust grill.
    I'm going to build myself a dual input doodad with a LCD for output so that I don't have to unplug/replug constantly, that gets annoying

Green Me (lol) PSU review is ready for proofing.
    I left my notebook with the ripple scope settings at work today (whoops), so that part won't be ready till tomorrow sometime. I'll post again when that bit is done.

Green Me is totally ready for proofing.

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Gotcha, I'll look over it soon as I can, but with the other one in pending, it's not on my super high priority list

Oh yeah that's fine, I just wanted to get it done and make it someone else's problem :P

Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    If you felt that my Raider review and now ready to be gone over Fan review (I still have to do the featured image today) were up to par, and if you happen to have any cases or anything in the wings I would be happy to review any of it for you Herr Green Machine Matt! Congratulations by the way if I didn't mention it before. (I can't remember if I did)
    "I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

I'll give the fan article a look as soon as I can. I'm working on an article myself which I need to get a lot done since I'll be outta town next weekend.

Thanks for the congrats!

Antec Earthwatts Platinum 650 W review started. Initial photos taken, testing plan blocked out. Testing and dissection should happen later tonight. Writeup hopefully tomorrow, should be ready to post by the end of thursday if all goes well.
    Further updates as events warrant.

This thing is wired quite creatively, not sure I'm going to be able to sort out what rectifies what!

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Thanks for the updates.

Wired creatively? Looking forward to seeing that one.

I'm going to get the best pictures I can, the secondary rectification is packed pretty brutally. If I have to draw pictures in MSPaint, I will!
    Actually it'll be paint.net, whatever.

Sidenote: Antec has the most annoying warranty stickers of anybody I've run across so far. Beating out even Thermaltake's huge stickers.

Review is done I think.
    I put a featured image and an excerpt in as well.

As always I welcome and request any/all feedback on anything and everything contained in the review.

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Thanks, we'll be going over it soon. Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow.

Surprise! I wrote an article on voltmodding. Due to the "Modding" in your status thread's title you're currently stuck with said article

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

I'm always stuck with you...

I'll probably give it a look tomorrow, thanks! I'm very interested in it and I'm a n00b, so I'll have questions and comments I'm sure

It got cranked out on a whim and fairly rapidly, so I expect it needs some massaging regardless :P

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 ... LastLast