• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laptop heat problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gibz117

i have an acer aspire 5735z laptop running linux (ubuntu 10.1). when it had vista (i hate windows other that XP) and was only a few months old, it would get hot as hell. even if it was upside down, in a windowsill, and just turned on, it would get very hot (almost burning to the touch) in about 5 mins. what the hell is wrong.

Sounds like the Hindenbook has a challenger! :D

I got a laptop from a femate that was reaching 70 degrees idle. I managed to break it when trying to re-solder the power connections back on (solder went everywhere :() but I replaced the TIM on the CPU. Got the temps down to 60-63 idle. I dared not prime it.

So yeh, you could replace the TIM. It's the same as replacing it with a desktop computer (unless I've been doing it wrong all these years or unless there's some kinda exception).

Back