• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 930 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluehefner454

Registered
i think i have a bad chip someone help me i have i7 930 with Zalman CNPS10X Flex 2 fan setup no over clock my idle temps are 40-44 full load 85 cpu
core 1 95 core 2 93 core 3 94 core 4 93 only after 10 mins really hot i think.

Something is wrong with your HS mount or TIM amount.
Flex is a very good heatsink, check again your mount. Heatpipes/fins are hot when you have 95C on cores? If not I guess you have to redo your mount.
What Vcore? What room temperature? What case/airflow?

That zalman isnt known for its performance, its known for quiet. With that said, you should still have better temps.

Have you tried reseating it on the CPU? How did you load test BTW?

That zalman isnt known for its performance, its known for quiet.
Hmm, my friend Ramiro managed to squeeze an average temp of 77C for a Nehalem @4GHZ and 1.36V Vcore with 2x1200 RPM push-pull fans at 22C ambient open stand.
Not too bad for a hot like hell OC-ed Nehalem. :p

And if you want to gain 2-3C you can try a convex lapping and modding your mounting system like my friend Ramiro (but he's not normal :D).

From my friend's experience he told me that the only problems with that high temperature should arise from a bad HS base or insufficient pressure from mounting system.

hi

That zalman isnt known for its performance, its known for quiet. With that said, you should still have better temps.

Have you tried reseating it on the CPU? How did you load test BTW?

sorry i for got its cm690 case two fans pushin airout top 1 fan on bottow pushing air out 1 on the front pulling air in and 1 on side panel pulling air in and 1 on the back pushing air out. and i have two fans on the flex. i might not have applied enough grease it did slide a couple times. iam a nub. lol. the heatsinks are so big

Well push the heatsink down into the chip. Doesn't need a massive force applied to it but enough to try and squeeze the TIM for all it's worth.

If the temps drop while you're pushing it in then you've mounted it VERY badly. Often this will imply to much TIM was used or you didn't secure the HS somewhere.

If you push it down and there's no temperature difference then could mean not enough TIM but I'm kinda doubtful about that. Less is more with that stuff. You should have like half a grain of rice sized blob right in the middle before you put the HS on. The HS will spread it as you push it down.

Back