• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think of my new i7 860?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

Golden or not?

4654%20SuperPi.PNG

This is without any bios tweaks, just set 1.5V vcore and go.

kicks the hell out of mine...Although I did hit 4874 CPUz yesterday with mine. I was surprized I could hit that on my average 860....Nice chip you got there....

Last edited:
Thanks. I have seen yours in action God_tattoo. I am aiming for 4.8, but my RAM might hold me back now. I had 4.654 at less than 1.5V Vcore and it is stable enough to boot into Win7 and Run SuperPi. I am thinking I should be able to reach a suicide of 4.8 on air.

Yes, you'll hit that easy...My ram is only 1600, and I did ok with that..Your 860 seems to be quite a bit better than mine...

Looks much better than your first i7 860. How about some screenshots (prime/LinX) with a milder overclock of 21x200 or perhaps even 21x210?

When I get home. I only got it at about 2:30pm this afternoon, I popped it in, but had to leave for work at 5pm. Had enough time for some quick screens.

And yes.... this is much better than my first one. I really can't complain though, the first one will hit 4.1, but it requires more voltage. This is just a hand-picked one that I got lucky enough to pick up.

Donno bout golden, but it's definitely a good one!

Now go buy a pot and freeze it :rock:

very nice brutal...been messing with my i5, and got it to 4.6 under 1.45v...gets into windows, but cant run superpi... im thinking about disabling 2 cores and going for 4.8 >.>

Sweet Retro. Nice to hear your pushing the limits. :)

I am still trying to get 1 more bclk to beat God_tattoo, but My comp just won't have it.

FYI that 4.8 is with 1.65V Vcore.

That's looking great Brutal with 4 cores 8 threads.
Now, if you're pursuing for a quicker PI.....use 2 cores only with HT off.
I'm sure you'll achieve higher bclk easily.

I'm pushing my new i7-930 atm. :)
So far I have 4528MHz with 9.032s with 4 cores 8 threads on a $30 cooler.

I have tried to turn off cores/threads, but I can't inch past God_tattoo in CPUz, so I guess it is up to me to beat Super Pi and Wprime Scores. :D

I am excited to have a chip that isn't a turtle.

Back