• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

San Ace confusion..please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

admilitaryman

Registered
As we all know specs dont tell the whole story. I'm having a terrible time telling the difference of the san ace models. I read a post somewhere, i cant find it now, that broke down the san ace model number which explained the properties of the fan. I just ordered 2 of these:

http://www.newark.com/sanyo-denki/9g...fan/dp/96M1755

I'm unsure what the difference in 9G1212H101 and 9G1212H1011 is? And i have seen a lot of reviews on the 109R1212H1011 models but not many on this? Can anyone confirm these being as good as the 109R1212H1011?

The model numbers confuse me, i wish i could find that post that explained them.

H101 will have closed corners H1011 will have open corners.9G1212H101 are a bit different from 109R1212H1011 , they put out little less airflow but little more pressure, both fans are high quality.

Last edited:
Oooh ok, well thats no big deal, seeing as i'm using a scythe mugen 2 with fan clips i'd have to shave the inner portion off but i'm pretty sure that wouldnt be to dificult. Thanks for your help!!

Teach a man to fish. Love it Charlie.

To OP, the difference between Open and Closed corners becomes painfully obvious when you go to mount the fans. Some heatsinks (Megahalems) will clip to the outside holes which negates the problem all together, where as others (TRUE VenX etc) clip to the inside holes which is pretty much impossible with closed corner fans unless you mod them by cutting out the corner supports.
EDIT:NVM, I see you've already fingered it out. ;)

I've been soo busy lately, i dont even know why i didnt think to google that question..

Back