• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live Benching - Get Your Session on the Front Page!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Hey folks, we're going to try something since there are quite a few of you that are live benching now, with hopefully more to come! To try and help not only get more people viewing your sessions, but to publicize the benching team more, we want to get these on the front page.

We've had a few up there, when one of us has happened to be around at the time benching is going to start, but we can do better. Here's what I'd like to happen.

• The front page editors (I.M.O.G., mdcomp, splat, David & me) will subscribe to this thread.
  • If you're going to live bench, post in this thread as soon as it is planned.
  • If you know you're going to do it earlier in the day, or even days in advance, all the better. We can have the article prepped and ready to hit the button when you go live.
  • If you know how long you're going to bench, it would be great - we can put a time up with the article. Even if it's an approximation, some sort of timeline is better than none. You can always go longer than published, but letting people know when you're benching will keep from angering those that click the link only to find you're gone. We aren't around all the time to update when the session is over, so always give an approximate end time.
  • Here's the minimum info you should list: (please follow this format)
    • Your username.
    • The system(s) you're going to be benching (minimum CPU, MB, RAM & GPU(s))
    • The cooling you're going to use.
    • (Optional) What you plan on focusing on - 2D, 3D, individual benches, etc.
    • A link to your livestream.
    • Time you'll be starting.
    • Time you'll be finishing.
That's all I can come up with right now (gotta head back to work). If you have any suggestions, questions, comments, etc about what can be improved, just let us know. This will be good for you, the team and our community and I, for one, am excited to get these things out there for all to see!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent idea... scratch that off the meeting agenda for me!!!

I will be doing a live session sometime soon. I prefer to get my first out of the way, then do it...but we will see.

Is it worth saving and archiving these? We could build up quite an archive of these benching sessions, something to look back at in future years :)

Is it worth saving and archiving these? We could build up quite an archive of these benching sessions, something to look back at in future years :)

I believe that's an option which Miah and Bobnova are already using in the program - their past sessions are available in their video libraries.

I'm going to work on writing up instructions for doing it similar to how I did it last night so that any of the lead editors can do it... the benching guys who responded seemed to like it.

Can you please establish what time zone you want the times posted in?

My next session is planned for this Tursday afternoon Japan time....that's Wednesday evening/night in the states.

I will be benching the 980X and GTX 480 both on LN2 :santa: using the UD9 ;)

The core of our audience is US based, concentrated most densely in the eastern US. We have a lot of coverage all over the world - but that's where the traffic is packed the tightest.

It makes sense for us to use EST time when publishing on the frontpage as thats what most people are familiar with, and those not in that time zone usually have a pretty easy time figuring out the difference between their local time and New Your time. So if you could translate your local time to EST that would be great. If you want to post it in your local time, we can accommodate that also.

Can you please establish what time zone you want the times posted in?

My next session is planned for this Tursday afternoon Japan time....that's Wednesday evening/night in the states.

I will be benching the 980X and GTX 480 both on LN2 :santa: using the UD9 ;)

Change of plans....I'll be using the Xeon X5677 and 480....I need to get my wPrime cups back ;)
wPrime will be first order of business....and since the quad is no good for 06 and Vantage...
for 3D's I'll only consider AM3, 01, 03, and 05....and then only if I can get the clockspeed high enough.

Time will be approx 6pm to midnight Wednesday night EST :)

Change of plans....I'll be using the Xeon X5677 and 480....I need to get my wPrime cups back ;)
wPrime will be first order of business....and since the quad is no good for 06 and Vantage...
for 3D's I'll only consider AM3, 01, 03, and 05....and then only if I can get the clockspeed high enough.

Time will be approx 6pm to midnight Wednesday night EST :)

This format will make it easy to post in our article for tomorrow morning:

Miahallen
Mobo:?
CPU: Xeon X5677
GPU: 480
Ram: ?
Cooling: ? (ln2 I assume)
Focus: wPrime, AM3, 01, 03, and 05
http://www.livestream.com/miahallen?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks
May 19th 6PM-Midnight EST

Thanks, didn't mean to grief you, but your example is one which will be followed by the next guy around. :salute: And that just looks purrrrty. :grouphug:

Bobnova
Mobo: Asus P5Q Pro
CPU: Core 2 Duo e4500 (retail)
GPU: Asus 4890 TOP
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2x1gb
Cooling: CPU on dry ice, NB on air w/piped dry ice fumes.
Focus: wPrime, SuperPi, PiFast, CPUz. May do 3dmark01 if i have extra dry ice.
http://www.livestream.com/novaworks
May 19th ~5pm till the dice runs out (midnightish) pacific.

Got my DSL speeds cranked up and a new hdd for my work box, should be able to do procaster and have more then 2fps and less then 40 seconds of lag now :D

Sweet, that's great news! Article is published. IMOG is currently working on how to embed both of your livestreams at the same time. Will update links to overclockers.com/whatever/ when he's done. :)

DSL upgrade doesn't go live till friday :(

So whether procaster will work or not is unknown. Regardless, i'll be streaming!

Back