• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II X4 965 vs AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually a lot of things use 4 cores, and more. Anything that is coded in multi-threaded applications (which is a lot) will scale up to the maximum cores enabled by Vista (mostly).

It comes down to this: What exactly are you doing with this computer? Are you doing a lot of programming, video editing, media editing, etc? Or are you gaming?

I will be doing alot of gaming but chances of coding and photo editing in the future when I go back to school

965 if your short on cash

1055T if you have it, and want future support

how well do the 1055s OC compared to the 965BE? Considering the 1055T is not a BE does that tend to make other components more of a factor in higher clocks?

Cant go wrong there if you trying to save cash. I got an Athlon II x2 245 regor running 3.9 GHz with ease (then put it back to stock since I was giving it to my mom for email and surfing). But newer games coming out are actually supporting multi-core processors and you would definitely benefit from a quad or hex core chip (DiRT2, GRiD, arma2, metro2033 and others)

i honestly never liked the 965 all too much.. it just doesnt warrant a good enough oc over the 955 to justify the price difference

the 1055t is a really nice cpu for the money

a for instance for games..

as of 5/18/2010 WoW supports up to 8 cores
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1778017311

link shows you how to modify configuration incase auto detect fails on # of cores are in the system. i had to manually change it on both my windsor and my tri.

and considering the age of wow (even though its constantly updated) theres probably alot more with multi threading than you think

Back