• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please look at this Amd build and cast your opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amd_dude

Registered
Hello im new to these forums.

i have recently gotten into gaming and really needed a real gaming pc.
So i started to do some extreme research and put together this budget build and i have included some info on various things.

Here is my build: $1,100 us dollars budget build

Case: Cooler Master Storm scout

Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX

GPU:SAPPHIRE TOXIC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit (sweeet)

RAM: G Skill Rip jaws Series 4GB (2x2) DDR3 1600

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM

PSU: CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-650HX 650W ATX

Cooling:COOLER MASTER Hyper 212

OS: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit ( well didnt pay for that >.>)

ok the motherboard i first had in mind was the Asus crosshair 3 then 4 and then i looked at the MSI 790 fx and fell in love with it also it goes with my colour sceme , although i was thinking of the 890 fx board but im still unsure about it, will it make a big difference?

ok the SAPPHIRE TOXIC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit i first had xfire XFX ati radeon hd 5770 which costs about $340 so i said to myself and by some researching i found that they were actually weak ( in terms of high performance and they are good cards) and the Sapphire TOXIC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit costs basically 350 and out performs the two of those cards in xfire and is more future proof because since one out performs the two hd 5770 in the future i can just crossfire the SAPPHIRE TOXIC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit and get even more outstanding performance.

As far as overclocking goes yes im planning to but not going extreme.
also is the cooling sufficient for the CPU if i overclock.

the case i kind of went a little skimp on because im on a budget build and my parts are from newegg. The cooler master scout is a good case and i like it more than the antec 900.

Im learning english so the grammar is not the best

So please give your opinions and correct my logic if needed and Thank you :)

-Going with one card over X-fire is better. Some games have issues running Xfire.
-The cooler will handle an overclock, it's not as great as some review groups claim, but it does a really good job especially for the price.

-Going with one card over X-fire is better. Some games have issues running Xfire.
-The cooler will handle an overclock, it's not as great as some review groups claim, but it does a really good job especially for the price.

So is there any problems with the mother board?

Nope. Both of them are nice.
Where are u buying from? The price seem high for what u have.
Ever thinked of an 1055t? six core for 205$ :)

so ill be getting the MSI 790 fx and im buying from newegg they seem rather reasonable and i might look into that processor

So do you know of any store that i could get it cheaper? im at a lost with this stuff

Do u live near of any fry's or microcenter? u could save some money by buying there :)

Well ill be vacationing in New York Spring valley for the summer so ill be buying there i dont know the store location >>

Back