• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to the promised la... errr.... Team! A-Dub!
You'll fit in here nicely :D

Start yourself a thread. We'd love to help you get those 20. :)

I'm working out some details right now, and experimenting. Once I hit a wall, I'll start another thread. Right now it is a Pentium D 2.8, running at 4.1 under air, and not even one of the big name coolers. At 290~295 fsb, I get some blue screens and freezing. I'm going to run memtest, and see what happens.

Maybe someone can donate me some old 775 chips, they seem to like having the DDR3 on my board, I think most came with DDR2. It bottlenecks my video card, and my 3d scores suffer.

I want to look into benchmarking, I was using 'Passmarks' software, since I'm new, but seems you guys have others. Anyways, I'd like to look into watercooling in the not-too-distant future.

We are always welcoming new members! We are here to push the limits!! Did you look into the requirements for joining the team? If so are there any questions or anything we all can help you with? Its nice to have some new members!

EDITED POST - got disc mixed up with another guy...lol

Yea, I think I 'maxed' out my system, which was fun - or did I? I don't know, that's why I'm here. Sounds like fun, points and all. I'll read up a little more and download some of the benchmk software. Thanks!

5.1ghz SB will get you a quite decent number of points on HWBot, that being where we compete benchmarking.

HW Bot? never heard of it. well, have to look around a bit. Thinking: benchmarking vs benchpressing, man, gotta make more time for the gym.

HW Bot? never heard of it. well, have to look around a bit. Thinking: benchmarking vs benchpressing, man, gotta make more time for the gym.

Here you go young Padawan.... hwbot.org

Just register a free account there; join team OCF and start submitting bench runs... Oh; and be warned, this whole "benching" deal is addictive. Pretty soon you'll be looking at the dishwasher and wondering if you should sell it to get a new cpu/mobo combo.... I know I do every day.

Back