• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here you go young Padawan.... hwbot.org

Just register a free account there; join team OCF and start submitting bench runs... Oh; and be warned, this whole "benching" deal is addictive. Pretty soon you'll be looking at the dishwasher and wondering if you should sell it to get a new cpu/mobo combo.... I know I do every day.

OK Master Jedi...I 'm still checking the site out, some crazy stuff there. : )
Holy swiss cheese batman, i980x running at 6,930 Mhz? How do you compete with that?

OK Master Jedi...I 'm still checking the site out, some crazy stuff there. : )
Holy swiss cheese batman, i980x running at 6,930 Mhz? How do you compete with that?

LOL... I am far from being a master Jedi in these parts... Still a Padawan like yourself.

There are plenty of Jedis here though, so you'll have good and knowledgeable people guiding you through your quest in voiding warranties.

:)

Well, I don't and never really did care about my warranties. Blown a few chips and motherboard controller chips - last one actually popped apart and scared the *#&* out of me.

Well, I don't and never really did care about my warranties. Blown a few chips and motherboard controller chips - last one actually popped apart and scared the *#&* out of me.

bwah, don't talk until you've blown a chunk out of a mosfet :D

I had a GPU explode and spit sparks all over my mobo, that count?

The short answer on the 7ghz is: You don't.
You compete against people that have your same hardware, for "HardWare Points", there will still be some people on liquid nitrogen that you can't touch, but plenty on air/water too.
Later when you're feeling ambitious you can get yourself a 980x and some ln2 and have at it :D

I had a GPU explode and spit sparks all over my mobo, that count?

The short answer on the 7ghz is: You don't.
You compete against people that have your same hardware, for "HardWare Points", there will still be some people on liquid nitrogen that you can't touch, but plenty on air/water too.
Later when you're feeling ambitious you can get yourself a 980x and some ln2 and have at it :D

OR 100's of 980x's and lots of ln2 and find your own 6.8ghz benchable 980x :D

Well, I might try it, who can afford 100's of 980x's to burn? some people I guess. Do the winners get some kind of prize, or is it just for bragging rights?

Most of the time just bragging rights. Hundreds is an exaggeration, but those folks do bin a lot of chips. They don't pay $1000 per chip; they'll buy one, test it, sell it if it's not strong enough at a reduced price. They probably invest a couple hundred more each time, but not full price. I certainly don't have that kind of dough, but some do. :)

Guys with top chips usually get them for free. Those 6.9ghz vantage chips dont exactly come out of nowhere.

Hey, I'm trying to register on HWBOT and don't see 'OFC' trying to join this very minute, but don't see 'OCF' I see OFC, and I see OC Forums, Is OC forums this team?

Yessir. Start working 2d and learn your CPU then move to 3d!

which one or two of these is the best to start with?

How to become a Benching Team Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to become an official Overclockers.com bench team member, gain access to the lounge and carry the banner you need to fulfill the following basic and easy requirements .

1. Register at HWBot.org and affiliate to the OC Forums team.

2. Submit a minimum of ten complete benchmark tests at HWbot.org - choose 10 from the following list of HWbot rankings.

3DMark01

3DMark03

3DMark05

3DMark06

3DMark Vantage

Aquamark

Super PI 1M

Super PI 32M

PIFast

PCMark05

CPU-Z

wPrime 32M

wPrime 1024M

Heaven benchmark

CPUz, SuperPi 1M & WPrime 32M are going to be the 'easiest' to run at higher clocks (meaning they require less stability). They are what I use to feel out the limits of my chips. After that, I work on the longer benches that require much more stability than those. Feel free to start your own quest-for-20boint / team membership thread in the benching section. List the hardware you're working with. Lots of team members are happy to help you get there.

Back