• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CPUz, SuperPi 1M & WPrime 32M are going to be the 'easiest' to run at higher clocks (meaning they require less stability). They are what I use to feel out the limits of my chips. After that, I work on the longer benches that require much more stability than those. Feel free to start your own quest-for-20boint / team membership thread in the benching section. List the hardware you're working with. Lots of team members are happy to help you get there.

and pifast...cpuz will give you the most jigglehurtz and wprime1024 is the most stressful, everything else stacks in between there.

So is anyone eligible to join the benching team? I run benches all the time on my three PCs and have all the logs saved, etc.

I'd love to join up, benching is fun. I already have an HWBOT account and have a few of my scores on there, but I'll have to rerun everything with all my new hardware.

Let me know, thanks!

As long as you meet the criteria in the OP (10 benches submitted and 20 points), then you're officially in with a banner and access to the Team Discussion Lounge. It would be great to have you, we welcome all new prospects :thup:

Even if you don't have 20 boints yet we'd love to have you!
You can join the team with ten benches, that's the easy part.
Once you've done that you're on the team, and we'll work closely with you to get you your 20 boints and access to the lounge and the banner.
At that point we'll continue working closely with you pretty much indefinitely really!
(Sidenote: We're happy to help if you have issues getting the benches to run, too. You have to work quite hard to make us not happy to help really :p)

The first step is to selectr OC Forums as your team on HWBot, you can do that any time, even before completing a single bench.
That gets you under our roof and helps the team ever time you submit anything, regardless of whether it's a .1 boint result or a 40 boint result (obviously 40 bointers are preferred, but they take some serious doing! I haven't managed one yet).

Anyway, we'd love to have you!

Thanks guys. You guys are all so welcoming and probably the nicest people on a forum I've been on. Not to mention you guys are extremely helpful. :)

Quick question though, can I run 3DMark06 with the basic version to score on HWbot? Or do I need the full software? The photo for a valid screenshot is down and I can't see what I need to take a screenshot of. What exactly do I take a screen of, just the marks? With CPU-Z or no CPU-Z?

Eventually I'll buy the 3DMarks, but I want to test with 3DMark 01 and 03, and I don't really want to buy them. But I will if I have to. Oh and I've already joined the OC Forums team when I signed up. Hopefully I can get those 20 boints here soon.

Thanks for your help.

And Bobnova, I've been on the OC Rosetta team for quite sometime now. I have 3 computers going with SETI and Rosetta. How do you get that flashy banner? :p

EDIT: And is there a reason why PCMark05 will never show me results? Everytime I get 0 PCMarks. It is the basic version as I haven't bought it yet. Surely the basic version will give a score, right?

Last edited:
Well, I can't help you on PCMark (except maybe try installing media encoder 9 :shrug:) but you don't need to buy any of the benches to run them...3d05 is a bit dicey cause you need internet to view your score if you don't buy it, but the rest will work just fine without purchasing a key

3d06, vantage, and pc05 have to be paid for to submit to hwbot due to the requirement for screenshots.
It's annoying, but that's how it goes.

For one banner, go here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups
And join the Rosetta group.
For more then one banner you'll need to PM a mod (green dudes) and have them do it for you, as the forum software can't do it automatically.

I deleted your WPrime 32M score for you Bennoculus (I was wondering how we gained 150 points over night :)). Welcome to the wonderful world of the OCF benching crew. Any questions you have... just ask :thup:

So is anyone eligible to join the benching team? I run benches all the time on my three PCs and have all the logs saved, etc.

I'd love to join up, benching is fun. I already have an HWBOT account and have a few of my scores on there, but I'll have to rerun everything with all my new hardware.

Let me know, thanks!

As long as you're an enthusiast who loves to spank HW to see how far it will go... You're more than welcome here.

PM Sent for a SoFla potential member.

I deleted your WPrime 32M score for you Bennoculus (I was wondering how we gained 150 points over night :)). Welcome to the wonderful world of the OCF benching crew. Any questions you have... just ask :thup:

Haha I know, I even posted up on the forums over there because I had no idea how to delete that submission, didn't want anyone to think I was cheating :p

I appreciate all the help guys, I bought all of the 3DMarks. I was planning to anyways, I've just been putting it off. I also realized I screwed up big time by not submitting the correct screenshot format, so i went with the original username/password I set up around when I first started building. I submitted a few benches so far.

Another quick question, how come a few of them just give you "0.1 points"? Is it because the submission was wrong? Or is the score just that low for certain benchmarks? I understand that CPU-Z would only be 0.1 as it's really not a bencher. But a few others like SuperPi and wPrime always gave me results of 0.1. Basically I'm wondering if I get a score of "0.1" on HWBot, does that mean I submitted something wrong?

The score is just that low Im afraid... but every tenth counts! It has not too much to do with the benchmark but more how many of said hardware was benched on that benchmark. The more benches done by a particular piece of hardware on a given bench, the more boints you get.

Another quick question, how come a few of them just give you "0.1 points"? Is it because the submission was wrong? Or is the score just that low for certain benchmarks? I understand that CPU-Z would only be 0.1 as it's really not a bencher. But a few others like SuperPi and wPrime always gave me results of 0.1.

It's b/c the result was low compared to the other submissions by the same CPU. We have plenty of guys willing to help you increase your scores, even a few AMD guys :) So, don't be afraid to make threads here in the benching forum asking for help.

Another quick question, how come a few of them just give you "0.1 points"? Is it because the submission was wrong? Or is the score just that low for certain benchmarks? I understand that CPU-Z would only be 0.1 as it's really not a bencher. But a few others like SuperPi and wPrime always gave me results of 0.1.

Those are HW boints. HW boints are earned based on where you stand with regards to the other submissions for that CPU or GPU (depending on whether it's a 2d or a 3d benchmark) The more popular the hardware the more HW boints that you can earn by being closer to the top. If it's relatively obscure hardware, the max that you can earn is 2 points per bench (if you're in first place) and incrementally less for rankings below #1.

Haha I know, I even posted up on the forums over there because I had no idea how to delete that submission, didn't want anyone to think I was cheating :p

I appreciate all the help guys, I bought all of the 3DMarks. I was planning to anyways, I've just been putting it off. I also realized I screwed up big time by not submitting the correct screenshot format, so i went with the original username/password I set up around when I first started building. I submitted a few benches so far.

Another quick question, how come a few of them just give you "0.1 points"? Is it because the submission was wrong? Or is the score just that low for certain benchmarks? I understand that CPU-Z would only be 0.1 as it's really not a bencher. But a few others like SuperPi and wPrime always gave me results of 0.1. Basically I'm wondering if I get a score of "0.1" on HWBot, does that mean I submitted something wrong?

0.1 HW Boints is usually the norm when you're getting started. It just tells you that your scores are lower than other submissions with the same HW.

Make sure to give the Guide to overclocking your Phenom II processor a read; it has pretty much all the information you need to get you started.

I'll give you a heads up when I set up a DICE run on one of my AMD chips, maybe you can swing by my place and participate ~ need a Pot baby sitter :). I'm no expert yet so we'll both be learning as we go, but I can guarantee you it will be fun.

Wow, you guys are extremely informative. Thanks for the help. I have a bunch of different hardware combos I'd like to submit benches of, and when I get my watercooling back in I can finally try and OC even higher.

I'll keep submitting benches and see where it takes me. I'll get there!

the major combos you want to hit are all you CPU's for 2d stuff, then your beffiest CPU (got an i7?) for driving all your GPU's. GPU doesn't matter for 2d.

Grrrrr... My SuperPi32M score wouldn't go through on my other machine. I put in 29 minutes and when I submitted it it scored it as 0,0. Can someone delete this bench for me?

Stupid internet here.

My HWBot name is evil_sandwich (my COD name :p). I feel so stupid this is the 3rd time it's happened! :bang head I'm just going to go into the main room of my apartment and hardwire this directly from the modem.

Oh, and thanks for the article EarthDog, I'm taking a look at it now.

you can delete it yourself in the edit panel for the bench (i'm on my way out so I can't write it out, sorry)

you can delete it yourself in the edit panel for the bench (i'm on my way out so I can't write it out, sorry)

Oh, I didn't know this. I searched forever trying to find out. I'll take a harder look.

I figured since I couldn't do it myself some sort of "mod" over at HWBot would have to do it.
I will get the hang of this! Hardwire has yet to fail me.

Back