• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There you go again trying to raise your post count. Ha ha

Part of it is to get users active in the forum and help out a bit. It also allows the captains a glimpse of the persons attitude and how they deal with others.

I'm already on to much Medication:) Here's a Picture To Prove IT:attn:

Picture Of Me.jpg

Can I Have This Run For My Score:cool:

SuperPI 14.367 Bench Run.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If the count has been lowered to 50. Can I get a Banner........Please
Can I Get One
Can I Get One
Can I Get One
Please....Please....Pretty Please:)

I'm already on to much Medication:) Here's a Picture To Prove IT:attn:

Can I Have This Run For My Score:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

If the count has been lowered to 50. Can I get a Banner........Please
Can I Get One
Can I Get One
Can I Get One
Please....Please....Pretty Please:)

I'll have to review your subs and talk it over with the other captains but I'll do what I can to speed things up. Most likely tomorrow before I get to it.
Johan got a new toy and is dying to put the screws to it.

long story short, Win8/8.1/10 has an issue with CPU frequency and keeping time correct. Because most benchmarks are based on how much time passes from start to end of the benchmark it can really screw with the calculations of the scores and give results that are not consistent.

From what I understand the only benchmarks that are considered acceptable are the ones on 3DMark that use the latest System scanning utility stuff to keep everything working properly.

long story short, Win8/8.1/10 has an issue with CPU frequency and keeping time correct. Because most benchmarks are based on how much time passes from start to end of the benchmark it can really screw with the calculations of the scores and give results that are not consistent.

From what I understand the only benchmarks that are considered acceptable are the ones on 3DMark that use the latest System scanning utility stuff to keep everything working properly.

Win10 is allowed in all benchmarks and since you can upgrade win 8/8.1 to 10 then I see no problem here.
Win8/8.1 is allowed in futuremark benchmarks with latest system info and in XTU in any case as all you need is to upload result.

Did hwbot make a statement that win10 was legit across the board? At launch I checked and their message board said it was still banned for non-futuremark (and xtu) benchmarks

Looked at all the rules on benchmarks, and almost all of them say win8 based 8/8.1/RT/10 are not allowed.

I do not know why, but the 3Dmark benches I can run, even with the current Sysmark installs, keep returning the clock error on the results pages.

Thinking it may be due to having both ram and cpu OCed, gonna test that. OC one at a time and see what happens.

Well, after I get classwork done thats due in a couple hours............

Question though.

Why no Linux benchmarks? lol.

Back