• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lucky for me my business has alot of high performance computers....there just 4 years old lol so nothing i post has any meat to it
Im building a couple new servers and im going to bite the bullet and order a x99 mobo and i7 5930 or 5960 cant decide and I havent decided if im going to move my XSPC liquid loop to my new rig or if im going to build a new one with all EKWB parts

Quick question, if we are short of the 10 we need, and are restricted from using the rest listed due to HWbots OS restrictions what then?

All of your minimum 10 submissions must be made within the HWBot rules, if a certain benchmark has an OS restriction (as many have restrictions for windows 8+) using an install of Windows 7 (or vista/xp) would be necessary to complete those benchmarks.

Does HWbot not allow for submissions with the "do not give me points" box checked when used with restricted OSs, or is that verboten as well.

Oh, GREAT, firefox doesn't correct my german, but it corrects everything else.....

Was thinking I could get the rest of the 10 I need done that way

but meh

Not gonna even think of switching OS's halfway thru the semester, even a day off sched just means I fall behind in classes.....I procrastinate enough as is ROFL

Separate hard drive for benching is highly recommended. I never recommend using a 24/7 OS for bemching

Besides NZK, most if not all the 3Dmark benches can be run on Win8+ as long as you use the correct sysinfo and include the web validation.

There is more than 10 benchmarks which you can run on Win8/10. Like XTU has no restrictions at all ( if you have Intel CPU ). All 3DMarks since 05 or 06 can be posted too as long as there is screenshot + futuremark link without any errors ( except maybe driver support as hwbot doesn't care if driver is FM approved or not ).

- 3DMark 11 = 3 tests ( 1 free )
- 3DM Vantage = 1
- 3DM 2013 = 8-9 ?
- 3DM 05 = 1
- 3DM 06 = 1
- GPUPi = 2
- CPU-Z result requires only validation link, the same motherboard FSB/bclk or memory clock frequency = 3 results in total ( or more if you have more rigs )
- hwbot prime submission can be made on most newer smartphones android/windows
- If you have mobile device on which you can't install win XP then you can post result on Win8/10 <- this is exception from the general rule.

No one will probably block results in geekbench and some other tests on Win10 as there were many results in last competitions and all passed without problems.

Really, 10 is not many. If you want to make these 10 results only to get a Benching Team badge then what's the point to even start ?

There is more than 10 benchmarks which you can run on Win8/10. Like XTU has no restrictions at all ( if you have Intel CPU ). All 3DMarks since 05 or 06 can be posted too as long as there is screenshot + futuremark link without any errors ( except maybe driver support as hwbot doesn't care if driver is FM approved or not ).

- 3DMark 11 = 3 tests ( 1 free )
- 3DM Vantage = 1
- 3DM 2013 = 8-9 ?
- 3DM 05 = 1
- 3DM 06 = 1
- GPUPi = 2
- CPU-Z result requires only validation link, the same motherboard FSB/bclk or memory clock frequency = 3 results in total ( or more if you have more rigs )
- hwbot prime submission can be made on most newer smartphones android/windows
- If you have mobile device on which you can't install win XP then you can post result on Win8/10 <- this is exception from the general rule.

No one will probably block results in geekbench and some other tests on Win10 as there were many results in last competitions and all passed without problems.

Really, 10 is not many. If you want to make these 10 results only to get a Benching Team badge then what's the point to even start ?

i had a geekbench windows 10 sub blocked.

-_- as some are not understanding, I just won't go for the badge/title, will just contribute points to the overclockers.com team, as its open-enrollment @ hwbot, and i've contributed a few points as is. Unless there is a problem with people just signing up @ the bot and contributing points.

Also, I have had a few windows 8 results blocked.........and I really do not feel like testing the waters too much there.

No, there is absolutely no problem with you joining us at the bot. I think what Woomack is getting at in a round about way is you'll want to bench using multiple OS's. Each bench "likes" different OS's. Benching just one OS is not going to yield you many points is all. Once you get you're 20 points and become a full Badged member there will be some "tweaked" OS's available to you. You'll just have to grind it out to get there is all.

Unless I'm totally mis-reading it too. In that case I'll silently bow out.

hi i no ive only just joined this forum here is a picture off my current bench mark score what do you think off it ? Untitlegot myself into the top 5.png ryzen 5 over 4.325 ghz.png i no i can push it a little further but i need help currently using a corsair h100 cpu cooler with only 2 fans on the rad might build a custome loop but i need to get a new gpu first i only need a good am4 cpu waterblock ive got everything else saved from when i watercooled my q9550 and i7 3770k oh by the way this is my first AMD build ever so i dont no much about AMD cpus and overclocking

Last edited:
Looks good, welcome to OCF thanos999, That set up is not going to get you to 5 ghz, it's just a waste of fans.

Back