• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Give me a break now, I said I was interested in joining the team not to start waring over who's equipment is better. I don't play that game. I just want to push my equipment to see what I can get it to do. I already know my RAM is going to hold me back a lot but I cannot afford to upgrade it right now, later I plan to get better RAM to help some.

I don't think there was any attempt to war over whose equipment is better. They were referring to a challenge thread in the lounge where people can challenge each other to head-to-head clocking competitions. We all bench with what we have and have fun with it; no more, no less. :)

I don't think there was any attempt to war over whose equipment is better. They were referring to a challenge thread in the lounge where people can challenge each other to head-to-head clocking competitions. We all bench with what we have and have fun with it; no more, no less. :)

:thup: Learn something new since I haven't been and don't even think I have access to the lounge. A little saber rattling out of the gate from the looks of it.

Give me some time then I will poke the bee's nest to see what I can stir up, I still have to learn working the FSB, I gave it a halfhearted attempt in the beginning but never followed through, this is part of the reason I figured I would try for the team as well, having fun while learning. :fight:

Xoke, m0r7if3r and QuietIce all helped me with my first OC and I really have appreciated their help and time working with me.

Last edited:
Yup just some saber rattling. Nobody really wants to get into a whose hardware is better battle, it ends poorly when someone (cough icebob cough) shows up with a handful of 980x cpus and pushcart full of 580s :p

Question regarding the Benchmarking SW....
Are the PRO versions required? Or am I OK with the free versions of 3DMark for now?

free versions are just fine! Only one where you might wanna buy the program is in 05 where it won't output your score but makes you go to a webpage for the score (in the free version)

Ok thanks m0r7if3r...
I'm looking at the prices and they're not terribly expensive anyway... I'll download the free versions for now and will look at getting the paid versions in next month or some time around then...

Hey... Just did a CPUz validation of my 555BE at 4016MHz...

Linky

I'm in the process of submitting it to HWBot, but have one question...

There is a Mandatory field titled X86 Secret URL.... What is that?

EDIT
Nevermind... I found it with a bit of GoogleFu...

I give you my very first submission to HWBot: Linky

thanks
Sebastian

Last edited:
That's the CPUz validation URL. Before valid.canardpc.com came about, there was x86-secret.com. :)

Yep... found it and made my very first submission... Nothing to write home about, but everyone has to start somewhere... Just give me a few months hokie and I'll be biting at your heels with my very on giraffe pot.

Man... HWBot has been down for the past couple hours and I haven't been able to submit my last 5 benches...

A bit of help here all, I submitted a test last night and the thing isn't showing correctly and I don't know how to remove it. It is showing as an Intel and obviously its an AMD even shown in the pic. What do I do? everything was reading correctly when I filled it out and it showed a AMD but after submit it showed that???????

http://www.hwbot.org/community/subm...e_wprime_32m_pentium_m_lv_1.1_ghz_37sec_890ms

OK I tried again and still the same thing, what am I screwing up? Here is my submission, yet it keeps calling it an intel. :shrug::shrug:

Oh the only thing I changed before submitting is I put it as air cooled on cpu.

submit.jpg

Last edited:
It *seems* to be working now. Maybe delete & try again. Could have been server issues getting in your way over night.

A bit of help here all, I submitted a test last night and the thing isn't showing correctly and I don't know how to remove it. It is showing as an Intel and obviously its an AMD even shown in the pic. What do I do? everything was reading correctly when I filled it out and it showed a AMD but after submit it showed that???????

http://www.hwbot.org/community/subm...e_wprime_32m_pentium_m_lv_1.1_ghz_37sec_890ms

OK I tried again and still the same thing, what am I screwing up? Here is my submission, yet it keeps calling it an intel. :shrug::shrug:

Oh the only thing I changed before submitting is I put it as air cooled on cpu.

submit.jpg

I had the same issue on Saturday... Submitted wPrime32 with my 555BE and it took it as that same Intel chip... Got a WR out of it and 57 points, but only lasted for like 2 minutes until I found out.

You can edit your submission and change the CPU to the correct one.

Help me finish my 10 benches

Want to be an official OC Forums Benchmark Team Member? Three easy steps:

1. Register at HWBot.org and affiliate to the OC Forums team.

2. Submit a minimum of ten complete benchmark tests at HWbot.org - choose 10 from the following list of HWbot rankings.

3DMark01

3DMark03

3DMark05

3DMark06

3DMark Vantage

Aquamark

Super PI 1M

Super PI 32M

PIFast

PCMark05

CPU-Z

wPrime 32M

wPrime 1024M

-please note SiSoft Sandra & PCMark04 no longer earn Team points and do not qualify for team membership

3. Once you complete your 10 benches (one of each bench, total 10), PM sno.lcn or Brolloks asking to join the team and providing a link to your hwbot profile so they can see your submissions. If accepted, you'll get under your username, gain access to the private team area for secrets and tips, and get to hang out with a great bunch of guys ready and willing to help you get the most from your hardware (or kill it trying).

Alright need some help here. I have completed 8/10 benches but hit a wall. auqamark3 gets and error and closes before it opens. The links to 3dmark01 and 3dmark03 aren't working. and I am not to sure how to run(what settings) to run PiFast.

are you in a 64 bit os for aquamark? Look on hwbot for dls and pifast settings...though I don't have any idea what settings you're talking about.

Back