• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Vertex 2 50GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

Just got my OCZ Vertex 2 50GB SSD .. Installed windows n that n ran ATTO, here's a screenie ..

Vertex2-Atto.jpg

Topping out @ 275MB Write // 285MB Read :drool: .. If anyone wants any other benches ran, let me know which ones. Not really sure what to run tbh .

Saafe :beer:

Have you got those babies RAIDd together?

here's my score on a single drive, but to be honest, this score does tell me, its time for a reformat and secure erase.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 878
Nice results... those 4k are INCREDIBLE!!!

Can you run one more, AS SSD...

Have you got those babies RAIDd together?

here's my score on a single drive, but to be honest, this score does tell me, its time for a reformat and secure erase.
What makes you say that? Your results are pretty close to a fresh install...

My original read was about 220 and my write was as good as Anubis_386, im getting a bit of slow down, that could either be to do with clutter, or maybe even since I flashed it with the latest firmware, I have heard rumours that TRIM does slow your drive down slightly, and the last flash was for TRIM support so maybe that could be it.

And I agree with your Earthdog, his 4k's are amazing, especially the writes.

My original read was about 220 and my write was as good as Anubis_386, im getting a bit of slow down, that could either be to do with clutter, or maybe even since I flashed it with the latest firmware, I have heard rumours that TRIM does slow your drive down slightly, and the last flash was for TRIM support so maybe that could be it.

And I agree with your Earthdog, his 4k's are amazing, especially the writes.
TRIM doesnt slow things down at all. Just make sure its enabled and give it a chance to run (log off PC) over night.

Im not a big fan of trim so both of my SSD's are flashed to Garbage Collection FW. Since there are concerns about limited writes and such (mostly ill founded I know), I run GC manually by sitting in the bios (disabling all sleep states prevents it from running otherwise I believe).

@ Earthdog: Unfortunatly for me, OCZ are the only people with GC at the moment, both my SSD's, Patriot and Crucial dont have GC at the moment, but i will log off tonight and let TRIM run, see if anythings changed in the morning.

@ Evilsizer: Sorry when he put 2 in the title, I thought he ment he had two drives, didnt realize they were a new series of drive, but just looked them up at overclockersUK and it appears they are true to their word.

- Capacity: 50GB
- Maximum Read: 285MB/sec
- Maximum Write: 275MB/sec
- Sustained Write: 250MB/sec
- Max I/O Per Second (IOPS): 50000 IOPS (4KB File)
- NAND Flash: Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Interface: SATA-II
- TRIM Support (Requires Windows 7)
- Warranty: 3 Year

Last edited:
no biggie show, i cant even pull off his write numbers with my two agility's(raid-0), see sig for link.

well just wait, shouldnt be much longer for new drives from intel with 25nm nand.

Back