• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any way to configure power management...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psykoikonov

...to turn off the spinners (say after idle for 30min) but not the ssd's (never turn off) in a computer using Win7 x64?

Last edited:
SPinners = Mechanical HDD's. But I dont see the point in doing so.

From my understanding for GC to work the SSD's need to remain at idle for extended periods of time, so I was looking for a way to let the mechanicals sleep while doing so. I checked powercfg ? with no luck also dug in the registry a bit found a couple things that might do it but didn't want to much about. Otherwise I'll just set them to power down after 30min and once a week or so disable the power down for GC to work. No sense making my mechanicals spin 24/7.

Pain I know... sorry I cant answer your question directly. But just know that a HDD and SSD have nothing to do with each other as far as TRIM and GC really...If your HDD's are spun up GC/TRIM will still run on an SSD.

Back