• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis 2 DX11 or DX10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol you guys worrying about your GTX 470s make me really worried about the intelligence of some gamers on this forum.

The 470 will SLAUGHTER Crysis 2 at 1920x1080, max settings (yes, Ultra High). It's going to have lower system requirements than the original if you never got the memo.

Lol you guys worrying about your GTX 470s make me really worried about the intelligence of some gamers on this forum.

The 470 will SLAUGHTER Crysis 2 at 1920x1080, max settings (yes, Ultra High). It's going to have lower system requirements than the original if you never got the memo.

Crysis 1

Code:
Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster (Vista)
- RAM: 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
- Video Memory: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater.
- Only supplied on DVD?: Yes
- Hard Drive Space: 12 GB
- Operating System: Windows XP / Windows Vista
- DirectX Version: DX9.0c / DX10
Recommended System Requirements
- Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video Memory: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar
- Hard Drive Space: 12 GB

Crysis 2

Code:
Internet connection for installation and to get online
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2Ghz or better
2 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 9 GB
DVD ROM: 8x
GPU: nVidia 8800GT 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD 512Mb RAM or better
Audio: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
Keyboard, Mouse or the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

The only thing that seems to be lower is the CPU clock but that's higher than the minimum for Crysis 1 and closer to the recommended. A bump for the graphics card as well.

Either way it's ridiculously good specs for what we've come to expect from a Crysis game. If the full game really will run maxed out with full AA and AF on a 470 and say an i5 then I will be amazed. If it runs on my q9550 at stock with a GTX 460 maxed out I will probably buy the game twice to show that efficiency does make a difference :D

according to EvgA precision, Earth runs Crysis and Warhead at about 60 frames a second... all settings maxxed, and there's no choppiness or stuttering in the opening sequence, watching the plane flyby the camera with all that smoke, at night. i found that one scene was the most intense strain on my hardware pre-SLI GTX480, and now it aint a problem... granted, i've set up fan profiles to prevent overheating, and they run over 90% fan speed on Crysis and Metro 2033 (70fps, btw, again all settings maxxed, including tessellation and DoF)

i'm not worried about Crysis 2 at all

P.S. i'm running no o/c on anything in the PC... so o/c'd rigs should chew it up no problem

With your rig? No you probably don't need to be worried. I've just been sent some new RAM which means that I can FINALLY get my old q9550 up and running again! (been on an old dual core 2.2GHz for the last 3/4 of a year or so?)

It's going to run at about 3.4GHz with a GTX 460 along side it. Will this run Crysis 2 maxed out? I honestly don't know. I do have a LOT of room to overclock the 460 (currently runs at 64 degrees in furmark at 810/2020, doesn't go above 48% fan speed) but even so... It makes me nervous :p

Apparently there's only a 15-20% graphic quality increase according to many friends of mine who have "acquired" a copy of the beta.

You think... I lol at some people

1920.png

This is WITOUT AA/AF

Note this is running a beta on Dx9 so it may get better. But If I was building a "crysis pc" today I would be getting 2 580's to hit max settings with Max AA/AF with steady over 60 fps. Hard to say what impact DX11 will have and how well it scales with Sli But better safe then sorry is my motto :)

You think... I lol at some people

View attachment 91704

This is WITOUT AA/AF

Note this is running a beta on Dx9 so it may get better. But If I was building a "crysis pc" today I would be getting 2 580's to hit max settings with Max AA/AF with steady over 60 fps. Hard to say what impact DX11 will have and how well it scales with Sli But better safe then sorry is my motto :)

Well heaven benchmark DX10 vs DX11 for me is the difference between say 100fps and 20fps.
So I'm guessing about 20fps for my 460? :(

Also "better safe than sorry"? Sounds more like "Better spend ridiculous amounts of money than to have slightly less than ludicrous amounts of power" :p

Well heaven benchmark DX10 vs DX11 for me is the difference between say 100fps and 20fps.
So I'm guessing about 20fps for my 460? :(

Also "better safe than sorry"? Sounds more like "Better spend ridiculous amounts of money than to have slightly less than ludicrous amounts of power" :p

Well my real motto is do it right or get an xbox :)
or Price Performance vs Get a better paying job :)

But I didn't want to offend the price performance nazi's :)

Back