• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Radeon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingslayer

I was just at ATI's site. They have a 128 Meg DDR version of the 8500 coming. Way cool.

That explains the $50 price drops I've been seeing lately from the 64meg 8500's.

Yep and the new Nvidia cards are coming very soon too. Today was the official launch date. What I really want to know is the price on the new Radeon. I already know the price on the new Nvidia cards but i can't find the price or the new Radeon.

Hasn't hit the channel and isn't on ATI's own overpriced store. They're still selling 8500's for $299 and 8500 AIW's for $399.

I'm still not sold on 128 Meg video cards. My buddy has a 128Meg SiS card and the system will only recognize 64meg because of the VIA chipset. How many other people are going to rush out and buy these 128Meg cards and find out they can only utilize 64 of it because they have a VIA chipset. Myself included.

128 DDR ram is a complete waste of $$ at this time it is not needed, and to boot it will not function on the fastest chipset being the via 266A

save your money buy a faster cpu

Cisco KId

Cisco Kid said:
128 DDR ram is a complete waste of $$ at this time it is not needed, and to boot it will not function on the fastest chipset being the via 266A

save your money buy a faster cpu

Cisco KId

Notice there is no information on nVidia's site warning that 128 meg won't register on VIA chipsets. The SiS card that a buddy got had no info either, but did tell him when he tried to install the driver. That's a little to late in my book. It just underhanded marketing. If I pay $300 for a 128 meg video card it damn well better use 128 meg of memory.

Luckily the SiS card was only $70.

Well 1 good thing that will happen is that these new cards will(and already have)knocked down the prices of the earlier cards which is always a good thing. For me I'll probably stick with the system i got right now but get a new 8500(64meg) or Ti series product if i end up selling my AMD system to my friend.

ive seen reviews of 128 meg ram cards.im thinking it was radeon.
it actually degrades performance. at the momant anyhow.
mabey with some driver revisions that will change. but for now stay away!

"edit" it wasnt radeon sorry, it was the gf3ti200 128 meg
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q1/020205/index.html
but for now i guess it might be universal till driver support is up to snuff

Last edited:
Back