• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit be6II rev 1.1 wtf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nostromo

Hey guys this is not really a overclocking issue. It is a weird ****ing issue. I upgraded from a 700 100mhz flip chip to a 1 gig 133 flip chip. flashed to the newest bios and could not post Flashed again and could post but could not gain one ****ing frame on my geforce2 gts. Then I could not boot into my linux partition at 133 fsb. The agp divider seems to be incorrect in the bios also. I can boot up into both partitions at 130 mhz which is showing me 974 cpu speed at boot up! I thought this board would support 133 fsb? And the no gain in the video is really ****ing with my head. I am putting in 300 mhz more power!!

Any feedback greatly appreciated!!!

nostromo said:
Hey guys this is not really a overclocking issue. It is a weird ****ing issue. I upgraded from a 700 100mhz flip chip to a 1 gig 133 flip chip. flashed to the newest bios and could not post Flashed again and could post but could not gain one ****ing frame on my geforce2 gts. Then I could not boot into my linux partition at 133 fsb. The agp divider seems to be incorrect in the bios also. I can boot up into both partitions at 130 mhz which is showing me 974 cpu speed at boot up! I thought this board would support 133 fsb? And the no gain in the video is really ****ing with my head. I am putting in 300 mhz more power!!

sorry to hear. I had the same problem when I upgraded to a pentium3 600e it would overclock to 140fsb for 840 which is amazing but I didnt gain any performance over my 550 celeron. I think BX boards cant take full advantage of pentium3 coppermines hence no performance gain :( I sold the p3 and kept the celeron. that was last year. oh not all bx boards will do 133fsb. my abit bh6 wont even do 124fsb!

I dunno guys. I'm running a 600e @ 900mhz on this board, and performance is brilliant. Bx gives better coppermine performance than any other platform, you should read the old chipset shootouts on tomshardware.com if you have any doubts about that. This machine performs brilliantly in quake3, about 150 fps in timedemo_four at fastest settings. ram is at 2-2-2 which helps also.

nostromo said:

Several things to check:
Is your RAM rated for 133 FSB? That matters, big time.
Is your RAM set for cas 2 or cas 3? If it's set for cas 2, try cas 3.
If 133 FSB will not POST, try 134 FSB.
Make sure PCI divider is set to 1/4.

What do you mean AGP divider is incorrect? Your divider should be 2/3 for AGP. If it's 1/1, then.....your video card is going to go crazy at 133 mhz AGP and you might not even be able to make it into the BIOS to fix it without a CMOS clear...

You need too......and/ or not..

nostromo:
Check your Slotket adapter ! I used to have problem (a lot of problems) with my old AOpen slotket (FCPGA-compatible !). It just couldnt stand FSB's over 125 MHz.
Changed it to a new ASUS S370-DL and all my problems dissapeared !!!

Hey guys this is not really a overclocking issue. It is a weird ****ing issue. I upgraded from a 700 100mhz flip chip to a 1 gig 133 flip chip. flashed to the newest bios and could not post Flashed again and could post but could not gain one ****ing frame on my geforce2 gts. Then I could not boot into my linux partition at 133 fsb.

And you HAVE to check that the BIOS setting "In-Order Queue Depth" is set to "8", and not "1"
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT !
I gained more performance wit my Celeron at standard speed (850MHz) with this setting to "8", than overclocked to 1133MHz with this set to "1"
Have to be "8", and not "1" in respect of performance !!!!!
I dont think that all motherboards have this setting, by my "old" BE6-II had.
It gave me a huge gain in "POWER" versus running in "1" !!!

Hope this helps
:) :) Lyra

"some" of my old rig:
Abit BE6-II ver1.1 (flashed to ver 2.0)
Intel Celeron 850@1133 (running at 133 MHz FSB)
Win2k SP2
ASUS Slotket S370-DL

Last edited:
definately check your pci and agp dividers to the correct settings. sounds liek your video card is working overtime and can handle it

Back