• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

720 BE on new board OC Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it's temps you're worried about you could (kind of) work your way around that. Take your CPU back to X3 and note the difference at load between the CPU socket reading and your core temp. When you switch over to X4 you can then use the socket temp as a guide, making any correction noted when you compared the readings. It's not 100% perfect but it should be close enough to avoid problems ... ;)

Semi raising the dead on one of my old posts. I cant seem to get any higher than the 3.5 im at now with 1.44 on Vcore, is that too high of vcore for 3.5 by 4 with 1 of those cores being an unlocked one? I max out @ 33 - 36*C under full p95 load.... Do i have room to push the Vcore up towards 1.47-1.5 to get more out of it?

Running a daily oc with 1.4v on the core isn't dangerous is it?

Is that 33-36 C temp the CPU socket temp? That seems too good to be true with the 4th core unlocked and overclocked to 3.5. Are you water cooling?

Is that 33-36 C temp the CPU socket temp? That seems too good to be true with the 4th core unlocked and overclocked to 3.5. Are you water cooling?

yes im WC/h2o.....

with the same clock on only 3 cores i usually idle @ 16 - 17 *C

Thats not the socket temp, the socket temp always read about 13*c higher than my core temps read.

16-17 C would be 60 F, below room temperature unless you have the AC turned way up. Are you refrigerating your water?

Basement, very cold, AC is always up due to me having lizards who require heat lamps which heat the room up, my office is right next to the central AC so i get the coldest air, because literally the ac vent from the wall is 5 feet from the central AC unit, it stays very cold in here, thermo is reading roughly 65*C right now ambient. My cpu socket is reading 30*C idle right now, core @ roughly 24*c idle.

Don't give it to much voltage though. with that low OC, you will only see a negative feedback coming from the voltage increase. My suggestion is to see what the CPU-NB will give you and RAM timings. See if adjusting those will help.

You have to remember that an unlocked CPU does not act the same as a regular CPU. It will have limits of its own, and you may have found yours.

Don't give it to much voltage though. with that low OC, you will only see a negative feedback coming from the voltage increase. My suggestion is to see what the CPU-NB will give you and RAM timings. See if adjusting those will help.

You have to remember that an unlocked CPU does not act the same as a regular CPU. It will have limits of its own, and you may have found yours.

When i punch 1.425 cpuz and hwmonitor read 1.44 for cpu volts. Considering my 4th core that i unlocked is running stable and im cool with 1.44, i got a feeling i may have hit a brick wall @ 3.5.. i really am at a fork in the road because i've toggled many things (besides giving more than say 1.47v) and i get the same response, moving my HT and CPUNB seemed to have little effect, the only thing i really havent tried is dropping down from 1600 to say 1033 or even 800 to see if that gives me more head room to play with, i just have a feeling that if im having this much trouble going above even 3.5 ..that i'll be playing with fire if I EVEN CAN get to say 3.7 or 3.8 stable. (because how stable is stable and how long will it stay stable...speaking of degradation) ... I'm thinking im playing it safe @ 1.44v @ 3.5 by 4 when it comes to degradation.

im just rambling , feel free to join in lol

Back