• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel CPUs Ultimate Sticky Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
3 Step Guide to Overclock Your i7 / i5 Haswell Platform - Just what it says...overclock and be happy!

Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz - Theocnoob's quick and easy guide to a solid 24/7 overclock.

3 Step Guide to Overclock Your Core i3, i5, or i7 - MIAHALLEN's excellent guide to get you started overclocking these powerhouses.

So I just de-lidded my 3770K...Results and pics inside! - Guide and results by LoneWolf121188.

HOWTO: Overclock C2Q (Quads) and C2D (Duals) - A Guide v1.1 - A definitive guide to clocking anything socket 775.

Intel C2D/Q/X Thermal Designs Explained - Still useful information on how Intel's thermal probes / guidelines work in practice.

Lathing, Sanding, Smoothing (aka Lapping) a CPU - Need better temps? You could always try laping your CPU!

[Discussion]Should I get a Quad- or Dual-Core?

1333 FSB Mod, Confirmed To Be Working By Me - A way to "pad-mod" Core2 CPUs for boards with limited overclocking ability.

Three Levels of Stability Testing Methodology - What is stable? How do you find out? Follow the link!

Last edited:
Stickies have been combined into a single thread for ease of viewing, user friendliness and such. :)

If anyone runs into anything you think that needs to be stickied in the nVidia section, just notify one of the staff and we'll happily look into it for you. Thanks!

When someone writes it, why don't you take the initiative? :)

I have a sample of 1 (one) :(

EDIT : and my wife would kill me slowly and painfully if i told her i want to spend more cash in computer parts in the next year or so...

You only need a sample of one to write a basic overclocking guide.

I plan to write one up for the next chip coming out. But really, Skylake is hardly different than anything before it really. Some slight changes (FIVR back off CPU) but what you need to adjust is the same. You really only need to touch Vcore and the multiplier. Memory overclocking and cache overclocking yield little results the overwhelming majority of the time.

Back