• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Copperhead mouse button problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andor

I have a Razer Copperhead mouse that the left mouse button (J19) double clicks when I single click. So I opened it up all the way and it looks like all of the buttons on the mouse use the same switch. I can't for the life of me find the switch for sale anywhere on the internet. Anyone know where I can get one?
(Please don't just give me electronic part places - looking for a specific link to the part I need - I've tried all the places I can think of but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot or something)

Writing on the switch:
DM1
1A 125VAC

534C

Same switch appears to be used on J19,J20,S4,S5,S6,S7

Some pictures of the innards:
http://razerblueprints.net/index.php/Copperhead/copperhead-disassembly-guide/Page-3.html

Thanks all!

Last edited:
The microswitch mech has worn out.

your options:

Google Omron D2FC-F-7N which is a replacement part (used in newer razers and logitechs)

or the exact replacement here

order a replacement microswitch from razer (probably expensive, and the omron seems better quality)

buy another mouse and swap the parts out (I bought a lachesis, hated it, desoldered a microswitch and took the usb cable out and modified to repair my copperhead)

repair the switch - as stated above

de-solder one of the 4 extra buttons & modify - may not work, but it seems to be the same switch just with bent pins at right angle.

on a side note, i just serviced the scroll wheel actuator. There was plenty of grease inside which was causing weird scrolling. fine point grippy long nose pliers, q-tip, patience, careful disassembly and reassembly was all that was needed.

Last edited:
I have the same mouse and i used to have the same problem...

Here is what happen in my case...

When you click the outside button there is this "leg" inside that makes contact with the microswitch, well that "leg" was worn and it was not falt any more, it had like a saddle shape (very very small), so every time a click it that saddle shape will hug that microswitch making it a double click.

Since taking appart the mouse voids the warranty, so i had nothing to lose and a lot to gain...so what i did was use to super glue to fill that gap (very very lil) and make it some what falt again that wont hug that microswitch.

Well that did it for me, look closely to that part im talking about and make sure its falt.

Good luck!

Back