• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rumor: Valve MIGHT be finishing Duke Nukem Forever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

So it seems that Valve posted an image on their site yesterday which quite closely resembles Duke Nukem and mentioned 'Source 2', and then took it down again:

http://steamunpowered.eu/valve-to-release-duke-nukem-forever/

While this might not seem like a very concrete piece of evidence, by comparison to some of Valve's previous vague and cryptic hints about upcoming games it seems at least moderately compelling. I have a feeling that one of the 3D Realms devs, probably George Broussard made a comment some time after the closure of the studio that we should 'just wait and see.' Having said that, the strongest and most categorical announcement from Broussard probably holds less water than the vaguest suggestion by Valve.

Even if it isn't DNF, the 'Source 2' suggests that we might have an overhauled engine to look forward to, it's reasonable to assume that there is a good reason why all of the cool new Source features like IBR have been delayed for so long.

Could the Gawd's of gaming actualy grant the wish of all Gamers that are older than 20 years old?

You kids don't know the Duke!

Cool, loved the original game! Yes, i remember playing the hell out of that game, it would have to be the first FPS i ever finished.

Did you see the New Mortal Kombat movie trailer? WTF? Thats awesome!

No my Gawd!:drool:

You certainly do know that when Duke Nukem Forever is released, the world is coming to an end?

Certainly hope they don't release it before 2012

I have been waiting countless years or this game to come out. I would be overjoyed at the announcement of either Duken Nukem Forever or HL3.

This seems unlikely, who would want to ruin the great source of humor that Duke Nukem Forever provides? I loved the original, but I'm not sure a game that allows you to take a pee and see covered strippers will have the same impact that it did 12 years ago. Games have changed a lot since then and I hope they don't try to outdo everyone else because that would probably just end up being really tacky.

Nukem 3d was successful because it had multiplayer that worked well and it was more "fun" than Doom 2/Quake. Not sure what niche it could fit into today.

Nope, not gonna happen. In order to protect the stability of the universe if they do make a Duke Nukem game it will not be DNF, they will make it Duke Nukem 3d episode 1.

Dude, I can't wait for Valve's E3 announcements, it could be anything from more Portal 2 info to HL2: E3 to a new Source engine and HL3 to DNF to new hats in TF2! Ok, it's probably not that last one.

When will people learn...take a lesson from peanuts...Duke Nukem is Lucy and we are Charlie Brown. Its inevitable that Lucy will pull the ball at the last second leaving us flat on our back....yet again. This sorta thread happens about every 24 months...there is some sort of very minor teaser and people get talking about the game that will never happen. Its gonna go down one day as the longest running gag on gamers.

Last edited:
Duke Nukem Forever. They don't even need to put a game in the box. Hell, if the retail box was filled with dog poo, I'd still buy it. It's DNF!

When will people learn...take a lesson from peanuts...Duke Nukem is Lucy and we are Charlie Brown. Its inevitable that Lucy will pull the ball at the last second leaving us flat on our back....yet again. This sorta thread happens about every 24 months...there is some sort of very minor teaser and people get talking about the game that will never happen. Its gonna go down one day as the longest running gag on gamers.

The slight difference here is that it is Valve that has created the rumour rather than 3D Realms.

Back