• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recomend some cheap pc games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markp1989

I been meaning to get in to pc gaming for a while but never got round to it, for money reasons mainly

system is folowing specs:
CPU: e8400 @ 4ghz
RAM:4gb ddr2 1066
Storage: 64gb and 32gb ssd
gpu: Geforce 8800gts and 8800gt (non sli, 2nd card used for folding, 1st card for dual screens)

i normaly play xbox 360, and i like fps games like call of duty sires, and racing games like forza and early burnout.

what game would you recomend i look at for pc ? i dont wana get somthing new as they cost alot of money

thanks, mark

for me, the greatest cheap game is civ4. you can get the complete collection for around £5 if you look and it has days worth of entertainment in it, however it is a very different style to your normal preference.

for fps games it all depends how much you prefer to have nice graphics

the half-life series are cheap now and fantastic games.

crysis or far cry 1(avoid 2) have great single player

I also recomend browsing the steam, store, they often have fantastic deals there. They often put some old classics on offer, i.e. recently they had deus ex 1 and 2 for a really cheap price (think it was £5)

"Don't cost a lot of money" is too vague. What's your spending limit?

Steam always has good stuff on sale.

Grab the original Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive, old school, but best fps ever imo. Can find it online for $20 - $30, if not cheaper.

if it ever goes back on sale snag "trine" really good game. snagged it when it was 9.99 but now 19.99. another game that is fun to play but from back in the dos days is "the dig" only 4.99 on steam. check out defense grid, if you like Tower Defense based games, there is 4 map packs. the game is 9.99 and the map packs are .99 each. there is also a host of free web based games you can play, some really interesting TD types and top down shooters.

*edit*
there is also a host of games from the gensis and other older consoles up on the $5 and under section on steam. lots to look thru...

Grab the original Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive, old school, but best fps ever imo. Can find it online for $20 - $30, if not cheaper.

Those are definitely good. Check out call of duty 2 as well. It has great multiplayer and a large community.

you can get a pack with COD1,2 and UA for $30 on steam, or $20 each.

hey, thanks for all the replys, i checked out steam, they seem to have a few good deals.

my budget is about £10 per game, as i not played pc games since duke nukem 3d in the 90s i dont wana fork out alot of cash for games, then find i dont get on with the pc for gaming.

Back