• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another 5770 XFire WTF thread, need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ekoh

Well, just got home from work with my new additional xfx 5771 card in hand, exact same card except the new one only has 1 CF spot on it, odd, but any ways. I am definately getting better 3dmark scores, but not as well as i expected. I got 17k with 1 card and now roughly 20k with 2cards in Xfire, my core clocks are reading odd as hell too. Showing like 157core and 300 on mem on both cards. I manually enabled ATI overdrive and ended up with 800 on one (even though i put 900 on both) and 400 core on the other.. strange?? i thought it scales the gpu between bothcards (so would make 450 on both). I tried some GTA IV which before when i set my graphics properties, it used to show i had 1024mb of memory , now it shows 997...Wtf?? SO, i play the game on max, runs good but sometimes acts like it is trying to catch up with everything, somewhat annoying. I installed my new gpu re installed my drivers, and CCC and installed the xfire profiles, and this is where i am at.

ps. running reso @ 1920 x 1200

Here are some screenies>

14mumud.png.jpg

o55jc7.png.jpg

full size link:
http://i49.tinypic.com/o55jc7.png

Your GPU clocks scale down real low when its idle to conserve power. Open up GPU-Z and record a log while you play a game for a few minutes so you can see how it will speed up as load increases. As far as your crossfire setup, maybe try switching cards or reinstalling the drivers to start. Maybe even experiment with different driver versions.

Or, just run a really quick furmark bench. That will put your gpu's over 100% load. :beer: Just do it in windowed mode and watch. As soon as furmark is opened, the clocks change to 3d.

Back