• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Home made all-in-one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

Has anyone here ever attempted to make their own all-in-one PC? What I have in mind is someone building laptop components into an LCD panel. I've seen people mount LCD panels on their PC cases before, but I don't know if I've seen someone do the opposite. It would be a fun thing to try. Maybe I'll invest in a Dremel and give it a try myself someday...

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has seen someone else do it. I'd like to see how it was done and how it turned out.

That's pretty slick. I would like to attempt something like that at some point but... maybe without the Victorian era look. Is there some way to get the monitor and PC to run off the same power supply or same power cable, or would that be more trouble than it's worth?

Woah! That computer is immense!

You could just cable tie 2 wires together and have them split at the last second where you can't see it. Shouldn't be any disadvantage then.

That's pretty slick. I would like to attempt something like that at some point but... maybe without the Victorian era look. Is there some way to get the monitor and PC to run off the same power supply or same power cable, or would that be more trouble than it's worth?

i have seen a few lcd monitors with external power bricks if you could find one that outputs on 12v your sorted.

Back