• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Agility 2 120GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxjt2oxx

Registered
So I grabbed the Agility 2 120gb on Newegg this morning for $240... hoping this was a good idea :)

Will post benches when it comes in, hopefully by Thursday.

Anybody have some insight into how they perform?

What the hell...? The Point of the Vertex 2 and Agility 2 series is the 10gb's of NAND flash cache. That is why they are labeled as 50 and 100gb's. On the 50gb version, 50gb is the memory flash for storage and 10gb is NAND flash cache. On the 100gb, 100gb is storage and 20gb's of NAND cache. I wonder why they (ocz) is doing it this way... It seems like too little of a change to really put them on the market. And maybe they are out of stock because they don't exist and it's a typo... :shrug: lol

The IOPS and 4k random r/w are WAY faster than the previous gen guys... These drives are beasts comapred to the first gen.

I also cant believe that someone would go out and blow this much money and not know how they perform. Unbelieveable. Especially being a member here for 5+ years you didnt ask first or look at any reviews?!?!! Oye.

I googled, "Agility 2 reviews" and came up with these: http://www.google.com/search?source...8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS316US316&q=agility+2+review

Last edited:
The IOPS and 4k random r/w are WAY faster than the previous gen guys... These drives are beasts comapred to the first gen.

I also cant believe that someone would go out and blow this much money and not know how they perform. Unbelieveable. Especially being a member here for 5+ years you didnt ask first or look at any reviews?!?!! Oye.

I googled, "Agility 2 reviews" and came up with these: http://www.google.com/search?source...8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS316US316&q=agility+2+review

I was under the assumption that these were different than the 50GB/100GB version, since both of those are listed on Newegg as well. On the OCZ website the 120GB is in the "extended sizes" category, all the reviews are the 50/100GB versions.

I'm guessing they're the same regardless of the capacity? The one you linked with the review is a 128GB, I've seen that review, but I can't even find a 128GB version of the agility 2

The difference between Agility 2 100GB and 120GB is only firmware. They have the same physical amount of flash on them, but the 120GB version has lower over provisioning which hurts performance slightly. We are talking 3-5% with a full drive from the benchmarks I've seen.

... Wha?!?! Those are seriously messed up numbers. Gen 1 Ocz drives perform better than that! :eek:

What southbridge are you on? I would assume with your benching you must be on an ICH10R. Those are pretty low numbers even for Amd southbridges... Newest firmware installed?

my numbers attached, i dont believe the eVGA 750i FTW has AHCI support though, so I'm guessing when I upgrade the board I might see a lift.

Attachments

• bench1.jpg
    bench1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 434
... Wha?!?! Those are seriously messed up numbers. Gen 1 Ocz drives perform better than that! :eek:

What southbridge are you on? I would assume with your benching you must be on an ICH10R. Those are pretty low numbers even for Amd southbridges... Newest firmware installed?

Yeah, X58 board
Looks like mine is a dud :( will test it on another board tomorrow

Are you using the Microsoft or the Intel drivers? I remember somebody getting a big boost with a SandForce drive when installing the Intel drivers.

one thing I'll say though, I"m guessing this might be more related to the AHCI issue (at work atm, no screenshots)

My AS SSD results were much lower than yours, even though the bench I posted above was much higher. I haven't tweaked anything yet, both tests were on fresh OS install and all factory settings.

Back