• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stdrt.exe Virus. Can't get rid of it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
I don't know where i got this one either, but i've had it before, and i completely forgot how i got rid of it. It's just a program that uses 13% of the CPU constantly, and downloads basically nothing non-stop. It downloaded 20GB in a little over 4 hours, and it's driving my bandwidth meter through the roof.

It's claiming that it's Windows Media Center, but, i don't even have that on my computer (Removed it to save space on the SSD).

Has anyone had this, and know how to get rid of it? AVG won't find it, Malwarebytes won't, Windows Defender won't... nothing i can think of will :( :mad: :bang head :confused:

Have you tried spybot search and destroy run as admin in safemode? Do you have a regular, up to date antivirus program installed and running?

Have you checked this out yet?
http://greatis.com/blog/how-to-remo...can_filename=removed-regsrv-exe-stdrt-exe.htm
Seems to have some good info on what files and registry entries to remove and looks like they have an app as well. Safe mode time :)

Found this on http://www.virus-com.com/viruscom/viruscom_83208.html
stdrt.exe remove instruction

1. Temporarily Disable System Restore, Reboot computer in SafeMode;

2. Locate stdrt.exe virus files and uninstall stdrt.exe files program. Follow the screen step-by-step screen instructions to complete uninstallation of stdrt.exe.

3. Delete/Modify any values added to the registry related with stdrt.exe,Exit registry editor and restart the computer;

4.Clean/delete all stdrt.exeinfected file(s):stdrt.exe and related,or rename stdrt.exe virus files;

5.Please delete all your IE temp files with stdrt.exe manually,run a whole scan with antivirus program

raidh0st.exe
raidhosst.exe
ytd4.exe
svcgoost.exe
STReLjaSTVo.exe
svchos t.exe
svchos t.exe
tdll.dll
vistaxpupgrade.exe
etdlcyin.dll
fdrpage.dll
fgtdipod.sys
fnts~1netdde.exe
fwsgtdgu.dll
hcrtdceq.dll
hikbentd.dll
hthatd.dll
idplist.dll
infsvchost.exe
instbeta.exe
ipxrtdde.dll
isafeaddrhelper.dll
kbdru32.dll
hotndrtfq.exe
hsiqdrbmb.exe
istojjouk.dll
svcoost.exe
fvgqtdong.dll
jsthsqw.dll
wstdecodq.exe
_voidoitdgxlgpj.dll
alilandrybypatio2.exe
triuni_ver_cguninst.ex��
windowstime.exe
ctast.dll
odre.exe
trustdoctor.exe
asksearchasst.exe
drl.exe
uwtdapog.sys

Last edited:
Yeah, i've tried AVG, Malwarebytes, SP, and everything i can possibly think of.

Let me try that real quick. If it wasn't for that fact that it's downloading so much "nothing" i'd just leave it alone, but it is, and that's going to cost me money after a while.

oh my god, I have this virus too. It's playing crazy music and taking up 20% resource. oh, god help me. please. it is not windows media center

I have encountered this process also. I have Win7 Ult x64 I noticed when I had UAC off one time, Windows Media Center popped up in Volume control and was muted and it used up around 500MB of my RAM. With UAC on it only uses about 12MB. Also WMC Doesn't show up either. I have Webroot Antivirus on here and I have Webroot and Panda on another hard drive with Win XP. Both haven't found anything so I don't know. Maybe try running from XP and use Malwarebytes. I'll post back with my resolve.

Use msconfig in a command box and see if you have windows media sharing service listed under non-microsoft services; "unknown" services. Try turning that service off and reboot. Some are reporting this service uses up to 20% of bandwidth continually.

If you want to hunt it down manually you can go get process explorer. You should be able to find the location of the .exe file and delete/rename it to keep it from running.

Backup, reformat, reinstall! Takes me 35minutes, but i keep backups of all my files on 2 , 2TB externals =)

My user profile and everything is stored on my 1TB internal drive now. I just wiped the SSD, reinstalled Windows, and then pointed it to my old user profile, and it's working great now :D

No clue. I've had it before, but forgot how i removed it.

I'm pretty sure that someone else who i've let use my computer got it for me. I never get my own viruses; if i do, there's not enough of an OS left over to even bother trying to fix.

Probably someone like my wife who will click 'YES' to any window that pops up.... I was standing next to her using one of my laptops and a notification/warning window popped up and she just clicked yes and moved on without even reading it. I said "what was that? What did it Say?" Shes replies "I don't know... I just clicked it" Ughhhhh!

That is one nasty virus indeed. I had it on my office Win7 install and don't know how it got there. Never run IE save to download Firefox the one time.

The only thing I can think of as to how it got on that computer was that I did not update Flash right away when there was the known exploit for it and it might have gotten in via that.

Yeah, i've tried AVG, Malwarebytes, SP, and everything i can possibly think of.

Let me try that real quick. If it wasn't for that fact that it's downloading so much "nothing" i'd just leave it alone, but it is, and that's going to cost me money after a while.

I'm pretty sure you haven't tried this one -> ComboFix.

Try downloading the latest version and run it. This will reboot your PC at least once or twice and after that you're good. You don't need to download the recovery console if it asked for it, just say No to that and it will continue with the batch jobs.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.co...c6fe97c912e19cf1725422a/4c3e050a/ComboFix.exe

I only use this one if malwarebytes cannot resolve the issue and it seems like you have the same scenario.

Hope this one helps.

stdrt.exe defeated

As you may have experienced, the directories in Windows\Temp, containing stdrt, keep coming back at boot time.

Using TaskInfo immediately after boot, I found that regw2.exe, in the system32 directory, starts stdrt at boot time. Then regw2.exe shuts down. Delete these two modules and all references in the registry. Worked for me!

Back