• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GT5 on Novemeber 2 2010? yeaaaaaaah right

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would rather they come out with a complete game, then a buggy beta version. As long as it does not become vaporware I will be happy. It is better to delay it then follow the current trend, which is to put out a beta and then patch it or put out DLCs.

True, but giving release dates and slipping it for years is getting old. If your not ready don't even give a date just say when its done since obviously they havn't kept there past release dates for this yet.

I would rather they come out with a complete game, then a buggy beta version. As long as it does not become vaporware I will be happy. It is better to delay it then follow the current trend, which is to put out a beta and then patch it or put out DLCs.

They had the gameplay down well enough to release a demo big enough that you had to pay for it 2 YEARS ago.

Bugs can push out software a couple months but years is just ridiculous. Forza 2 and Forza 3 play great, both games have been developed and released with in the development cycle for GT5.

At this point either someone keeps changing the requirements for what is supposed to be in the game, or someone is an absolute perfectionist and keeps need to make really tiny tweaks that aren't needed.

True, but giving release dates and slipping it for years is getting old. If your not ready don't even give a date just say when its done since obviously they havn't kept there past release dates for this yet.

I agree that they should not have given a release date. On the other hand though there would be a ton of people complaining and saying that "they just want a release date". I can understand why people are frustrated by this. I am just glad that instead of releasing a game with issues they are fixing them.

My argument hangs on the fact that there is an actual problem with the game. If the game really is ready to release and they are just dealing with internal issue or issues with publishers. Then it is stupid to miss a release date.

I am curious as to why all reports sound so smarmy when referencing fans being upset. It has been six years since the last one, and hasn't it been in development even before that came out?

The demo they have out now is pretty unimpressive. Cars just don't feel like they have mass to them. Hopefully that will change :rolleyes:

And as for releasing the "perfect" game defenses, stop. They can delay to fix bugs all they want, there will still be bugs. Especially online play.

I have a sinking feeling this game will just disappoint.

apparently the main reason why it was pushed back was because of the PSJailbreak and to push a required (v3.5 I believe) firmware update that breaks the PsJailbreak and requiring it to be installed. They had to add the code before they pressed the disks to force the update/upgrade.

apparently the main reason why it was pushed back was because of the PSJailbreak and to push a required (v3.5 I believe) firmware update that breaks the PsJailbreak and requiring it to be installed. They had to add the code before they pressed the disks to force the update/upgrade.

Cool. So people who have no intention of using said update or game won't bother while the rest of us have to wait a bit more. Fantastic.

Cool. So people who have no intention of using said update or game won't bother while the rest of us have to wait a bit more. Fantastic.

They are probably going to be doing this to more games to force people to upgrade to the latest firmwares to break peoples ability to use a hacked firmware. Or at least delay that since it will happen with enough will to do so.

ba_bigwheel_087_la.jpg

They are probably going to be doing this to more games to force people to upgrade to the latest firmwares to break peoples ability to use a hacked firmware. Or at least delay that since it will happen with enough will to do so.
most likely, yes. although I'm sure, as we all know, the hackers tend to be one-step-ahead of these things and find ways to remove/spoof the firmware updates.

amazon changed release date to november 24th. and i got a notification a few hours ago that my preorder is not scheduled to be delivered by the 24th :)

amazon changed release date to november 24th. and i got a notification a few hours ago that my preorder is not scheduled to be delivered by the 24th :)

Not to be delivered but you are smiling?

Or was that an attempt to be coy that I did not pick up, or did you mean now?

Back