• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vertex Turbo 120gig 2 month performance read out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prime81

As I previously had two agility 60gbs in raid 0 and experienced tremendous performance degradation. I switched to a single drive configuration, and took benchmarks to compare at later dates. I gotta say, I'm impressed.

Here is original fresh install 4-5-2010

vertexturbo1.jpg

Here is current after two months of heavy gaming usage

vertexturbo2months.jpg

As I previously had two agility 60gbs in raid 0 and experienced tremendous performance degradation. I switched to a single drive configuration, and took benchmarks to compare at later dates. I gotta say, I'm impressed.
What do you think cased the performance degradation in Raid 0? Is TRIM supported on those drives in Raid 0?

Last edited:
No TRIM in Raid for SSDs. But it has Garbage Collection which should do a fine, if not better, job. For some reason it wasnt working.

Both my SINGLE drives have GC FW I put on it and they run like day1

Wiper.exe from what I understand is used for drives that dont support trim or don't have GC. My turbo drive supports trim and also has GC. I would say the best answer to your question is it depends on the firmware that any particular drive has, although wiper can be run on any drive, with GC and trim functioning properly it's not needed.

Back