[O/C]Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 SOC (Super Overclock) Review

Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 SOC (Super Overclock) Review
    by Miahallen

I recently received a couple treats from Gigabyte Japan, namely a pair of new Radeon HD 5870 Super Overclock or "SOC" edition video cards. These cards feature a "binned" GPU, a custom PCB with tons of high-end features, and a custom air cooler.They also come with a factory rating of 950MHz for the GPU and 1250MHz for the GDDR5 memory, a significant boost over the 850/1200MHz speed of the reference cards. I took this beast of a card, and as you might expect, I put it through its paces with a buffet of benchmarks to find the absolute limits of performance.

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).
    Last edited by mdcomp; 06-18-10 at 08:23 PM.

Outstanding!
    GIGABYTE P35-DS3L PENCIL VOLT MOD FOUND HERE!
    Mobo:ASROCK Z77 Extreme4
    Ram: Gskill 2133
    CPU:3570K @ 3.6 Load 1.224V
    Video: Diamond 7970 White box
    PSU: Antec quattro 850
    Storage: 2 velociraptor 150 raid 0, 2 WD 640 RAID 0, Deskstar HDS721010CLA332 back up.
    Water Cooling: Dtec on CPU, 120X3 push pull system
    23782 3dmark 06
    P4542 3DMarks 11
    My Heat

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Nice additional information provided by hwbot.org, supporting Miahallen's conclusion:
    http://hwbot.org/article/newsflash/6...erclock_review
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Nice Review Miah...

Awww I was hoping for some better numbers than these =( But nonetheless those are some great numbers.
    [Dell Latitude E6530]........................[i7-3540M 3Ghz, 16GB, 750GB, 1080p LED]
    [Desktop]..........................[i3-4350 3.6Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 250GB SSD, HD7870 2GB]
    Area51 Case Mod- - - - - - - - ODD Window Mod - - - - - - - -NZXT Phantom Triple Rad