• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

out of curiousity what is the working voltage for solder?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
I have a fan distribution panel on my Norco case that doesnt work. Well it didnt, until I made a solder bridge between main power and node 2
(3pin 1 ---- 4 pin ---- 3pin 2 ----3pin 3 ---- 3 pin 4 ----- 3 pin 5)

I didnt have any thin enough gauge but safe enough for my over doing it mind to solder a jumper so I made a solder bridge between 4 pin power in and 3 pin bridge 2.

Wondering what if any issues I could expect from this other then the lead poisoning I am pretty sure I just gave myself.

If you're worried about melting the solder with a 12v source, don't.
It's not about just the voltage that creates heat but rather the voltage and the amp draw that creates the heat. you'll probably over load your PSU before that solder will melt.

pretty much figured that, if I had a smaller solder tip and thinner wire I would have jsut soldered a jumper in place of the trace.

pretty much figured that, if I had a smaller solder tip and thinner wire I would have jsut soldered a jumper in place of the trace.

Buggy forum day? Haha

Back