• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a few questions from a FaH noob.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Younglin

1. I have xp on the machine I intend to fold with. Any way I can use the gpu? Or do I need vista or 7? Or perhaps ubuntu?
2. This is a P4 system so it won't contribute much but the graphics card is a 5750 @ 910/1265 so I think it will do alright. How many PPD can I expect?
3. Any other tips?

1. I have xp on the machine I intend to fold with. Any way I can use the gpu? Or do I need vista or 7? Or perhaps ubuntu?
2. This is a P4 system so it won't contribute much but the graphics card is a 5750 @ 910/1265 so I think it will do alright. How many PPD can I expect?
3. Any other tips?

Welcome to the gpu folding world. :soda:

I can only answer question one and two, xp works great with a gpu. A 5750 will pile on the points nicely, but I don't know how many because I don't have one. I will guess 4000 points per day. ATI cards don't produce as many points as NVidia, but that may change as the software improves.

Here is a link on how to setup a 5xxx card: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=110212

Last edited:
Welcome to the fold. The only suggestion I have is somewhat an opinion (although I think most will agree). As you said, the P4 can't contribute a whole lot, and probably isn't worth running at all for the PPD/Watt you'll be getting.

Oh, and watch out for that folding bug... it's got a vicious bite ;)

The P4 gets about 1000 PPD.

Is there a way for me to make my ps3 contribute to team 32? It's already folding but only on the stupid life with playstation thing.

The P4 gets about 1000 PPD.

Is there a way for me to make my ps3 contribute to team 32? It's already folding but only on the stupid life with playstation thing.

A 1000 PPD? What P4 is that you have? What are the clocks? (1000 PPD is pretty good!)

Thats the only way to get the PS3 to fold is though that client. It gets about 900 ppd.

Thats the only way to get the PS3 to fold is though that client.

Is there a way for me to make it contribute to team 32?

A 1000 PPD? What P4 is that you have?

Meant to put 100 LOL. It's just some HP I threw a 5750 in for older games. ( but it plays bioshock two on highest perfectly) It's at 3.2 Ghz but that's all I could tell you about it.

How do I add the environment variables? I got everything working fine so do I need to add them?

EDIT**

Well more of another question instead of an edit but whatever. My gpu usage wouldn't go above 90 percent and then it finished its work load and now it won't go above 58??

Last edited:
I know I'm triple posting but I thought I'd let you guys know that I have about 2244 points and it hasn't even been 24 hours. I'm quite surprised With my 5750's performance. I think I'll hit about 3000 PPD.

Back