• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A thread for all those who love Dell.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sure both of them appreciate the info.

Ok... I have to admit it. I laughed at that one :)

But on a serious note. It is a industry wide problem that is well known. Dell just happens to be suffering from foot-in-mouth disease with the " its not bad parts, its how you used them " comment....

Dell has always been been pretty good in my book. I have bought computers for them for myself, my family, and friends for a long time. So far I've bought well over 200 computers and out of those, I've had problems with just 5!!
Out of those 5 that had problems:
-1 desktop had the capacitors bust after about 7 years.
-1 was a laptop that overheated but I'm pretty sure it was due to a lightning strike which blew out my plasma TV as well?
-3 desktops were bad out of the box and were all the exact same model and specification so I simply switched out the model and problem solved after the return.

I view Dell as disposable computers that last usually to the 5 year mark without too many problems. At 5 years it's better just to get a new computer anyway because of technology even if you built your own. If something goes wrong, the warranty just gives you a new part and your back in business. For the price and value you can't beat them.

Back