• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xbox360 pc case mk2!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlzla

Registered
hi been working on the xbox360 pc case and this is the mark 2 version almost finished only minor things left to finish of i have fitted blue led,s inside the case and the psu there not bright enough tho and will be replacing these also managed to get the temp display working and fan controller as well as front usb ports and gave it a mat black finish painted the psu to so it matches, hope you like :)

30062010396.jpg

30062010391.jpg

30062010389.jpg

30062010395.jpg

30062010388.jpg

sorry ull have to excuse the bad pics, camera phones for ya :)

also any advise on a new project? i have loadsa time on my hands at the mo and would love to hear your thoughts on this and ideas for a new challenge, thanks.

by the way the specs in my signature arnt the specs of this case lol thats my main rig the specs for this are

cpu: (not sure) amd 1.8ghz i think
ram:1gb
hdd:80gh wd caviar
no vga because i couldnt find a riser for the card :(
cooler:standard heatsink + 80mm fan

Last edited:
Nice idea with wrapping the psu wire. I have been trying to figure a good way to finish a tight build for a while and that will work.

thanks, it was the only option i had as i couldnt get even a shuttle psu inside the case and didnt have a spare modular psu so i just sprayed it black and used black electricians tape. the mark 3 version ill be using a m-atx board, laptop hdd and a e8400 on water cooling so ill get the psu inside the case, just waiting for my new xbox 360 case.

sorry ull have to excuse the bad pics, camera phones for ya :)

also any advise on a new project? i have loadsa time on my hands at the mo and would love to hear your thoughts on this and ideas for a new challenge, thanks.

by the way the specs in my signature arnt the specs of this case lol thats my main rig the specs for this are

cpu: (not sure) amd 1.8ghz i think
ram:1gb
hdd:80gh wd caviar
no vga because i couldnt find a riser for the card :(
cooler:standard heatsink + 80mm fan

hey, i like the finish :)

my friend wants me to do somthing similar for him for his htpc, gona use a mini itx motherboard (ion + atom), 1 of the 1s wwith the build in psu, so the rest of the case will be pretty empty, and can hold a few hard drives.

you considerd using a pico psu, it would look alot cleaner

thats probably the best advice ive ever heard, i hadnt even heard of a pico psu till now it looks like a great option and im placing my order today thanks very much.

yea mini atx is best i used a standard atx that i had lying around it only just fit in the case i had to cut and modify the metal frame inside and bolt the motherboard to that i think i have a pic somewere, also if you plan trying this you could consider using a laptop mobo they require little cooling and no psu, i would recomend using a laptop hdd no matter what you decide it will save so much space i got lucky and had a bit of space over the pci slots to mount the hdd.

thats not the exact mobo i used thats an old 775 socket, but the mobo inside is exactly the same size only its a amd socket mobo i just used this as a template as it didnt work anyway (bent cpu pins).

This was such an awesome idea, great job. I have all the parts needed so I think I am going to try to duplicate this myself.

This is pretty cool, is this just using the 360 case to make a PC? or are you actually going to be able to play 360 games on it when you're done?

Back