• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We're in trouble!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_cultie

I was looking at our team stats on EOC and I got a bit of a shock.

fstats.jpg

Yes, your eye are not deceiving you. There are 3 teams on our threat list. This is something I have never seen. Pande Lab are making a huge surge in recent days, making over 14 million points in 1 day :shock:

So what I want to know is what can we do about this new threat. I know that some users have been hit by money problems and the summer is causing some shut downs, but there are so many users here with core i7's oc'ed to who knows what and it needs to be put to some good use. We can't just :chair: and loose 3 more places. Its time to fight back, lets get this folding train rolling :burn:

dam, thats pretty bad :( we need a folding competition of sorts, first new folder to break 1milllion points, wins a new motherboard or somthing important, along with a few runner up prizes or somthing , i dont have the hardware to give away in a competition, but i would happily help organize one.

on a more positive note, i just broke 300k points today :):rock:

There actually is a contest coming up, but it isn't a points race type. I am actually looking at a couple weeks before I will actually have it up and running, but with a little more feedback, it could be even sooner. Have a look HERE. The point of this contest is to try to get our presence on the front page back up there, which in turn will raise awareness, and in turn should help to increase our teams membership numbers. Any body willing to write a sort of call to arms article for the front page?:D

I saw that thread, its something I'd like to contribute to but I am in China at the moment for training as part of my promotion. However when I get back to Ireland I'll try to come up with something if I have the time.

ohhhh... That's it... It's on now!!! I'm unplugging my refrigerator and turning down my water heater... Take THAT electric bill!!!!

Attachments

• FRIDGE UNLEASHED!!!.jpg
    FRIDGE UNLEASHED!!!.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 386
On a slightly related note... it looks like i'm making omelets in the morning :D Oh and I gotta drink all the beer before it gets warm :beer:

Last edited:
Lots of our team members have -bigadv machines, and those have been cut off WUs until the A3 core is fixed. Those machines pull in 50k+ at a time, so without them, we will suffer greatly until the fix takes place.

Lots of our team members have -bigadv machines, and those have been cut off WUs until the A3 core is fixed. Those machines pull in 50k+ at a time, so without them, we will suffer greatly until the fix takes place.

I didn't hear about that. That really sucks. Is there any idea of a date when they come back? But since this is the case I'm curious how Pande Lab got such a huge boost from one user.

Thanks to the fridge and water heater producing less heat and consuming less electricity... It's time to hit the afterburner and initiate phase 2!!!

Behold... one sweet + stable (but hot and loud) OC.

I figure this'll fetch at least 15kPPD

Attachments

• phase 2.png
    phase 2.png
    69 KB · Views: 381
Ohhhh that is very nice. I think it might be time for me to put my soldering skills to the test on my 8800GTS 512MB. It never gets above 42°C with the water cooling, might as well give it some more volts :D

You need to install a separate GPU client. Download it here. Get that GTX260 of of yours folding ASAP and you should be getting on average at least 7000PPD more :D

We've been in a lull since our excellent showing in the CC this year. I kind of expected such. But it's now been about 6 weeks since we finished the CC... so it's time to get things cranking again. :burn:

If no one noticed... I'm not sure there was a thread created, but - our almighty #1 producer on this Team (Total Points currently) has cut back to almost nothing, comparatively. We lost a good 300k PPD which was ~10% of our average - give or take. Thankfully he trained a fine replacement in HayesK... not to mention the ever absent Computek who is still Folding strong. Anyway... what I'm getting at is this... every Team is going to have their super Folders and unfortunately they can't always keep it going. I'm surprised Charles was able to Fold how he did for as long as he did. We need a constant in flux of new members to counter act this type of loss in production. Right now if ChasR were still at his peak production TSC! wouldn't be on the radar and MaxPC would be feeling the heat again. Forget about Pande Lab... that's an impossible obstacle without some major hardware... and someone is Folding on some major $$$ and likely won't be able to sustain it. That user, PDC, is turning in WUs for a whopping 170,000 points per WU!!! Tell me that's not some uber fast bigadv turn around... or something new and secret that we're not even aware of...

So, I say all that to say this... Build, Borg, Recruit!!! Our focus should be on stopping an OCN overtake and making a pass on MPC... the rest will take care of itself.

thfoldon.gif
-H

my name has an i7 @ 3.2(10-13k ppd) at my disposal for about 4-5 months it will also have 2 gtx260's in it.

now if I can just figure out the big -adv's for my main and jdsparks i7 and we'll be ok.

my name has an i7 @ 3.2(10-13k ppd) at my disposal for about 4-5 months it will also have 2 gtx260's in it.

now if I can just figure out the big -adv's for my main and jdsparks i7 and we'll be ok.

so that means my name GIXXERGUY6 has the following:

main - i7 @ 3.8, 9800gtx+(2 of them), gts250
jdsparks - i7 @ 3.8, gts 250
loner - i7 @ 3.2 dropping 2 gtx 260's in it and taking the gt 220 out of it and putting in jdsparks pc(why not it's making 3.5k ppd )

HFM is showing anywhere from 66k to 76k ppd.

if we would get the 2 mains running big adv's it would be up another 12k ppd I think.

I can't wait for the new house to get the other 2 i7's rocking and swap out some gpu's

Dont worry, I get my house hold goods from Germany at the end of August when i move in... been a long time... March or so, since i have been off line. This is the longest move i have ever taken part in!!

I still got my i7 Big's rig... and my 2 GPUs... but a quick question, is the i7 980x usable on all 12 cores? I am picking one up in a few weeks to up grade my rig... or just build a new system... I like the ladder, but gotta convince the wife!

Just link me a thread of the 980x discussion if there is one going on.

Hope you all are well!!

I prefer the second option too. As for the 980X as far as I know its usable on all 12 cores but I'd like someone to confirm it.

Unfortunately I needed to take a break from the heat in my basement and shut 2 more rigs down today. My wife came down while I was playing Red Dead on the PS3 and literally I had sweat just pouring out my body from all the heat. She said you gotta turn some of these off! :rain:Down to about 33kppd

I'll be back up at the end of August. When I get a chance I am going to move some stuff out and replace them with I7.

Last edited:
Back