• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this feasible? Star Trek ship as a case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The impulse drive area would be a good place for an exhaust since many pics show it with louver-like covers (can't remember which version looks like that). A pair of side by side fans should work.

Still thinking about the intake ...

Last edited:
http://www.valhallaarms.com/casemods/borg/borg.htm

bayside_large.jpg

front_large.jpg

rear_large.jpg

borg_profile.jpg

would it be feasible to have sound effects as well? Sorry if it has been mentioned (I breezed through some posts :chair:)

That's a bit trickier.

One thing that'd be easy to do with little or no know how is to put, say, your HD activity and Power ON lights in the warp necells of the enterprise :p.

If I wanted to do this I'd be lazy (and wasteful) and buy a toy enterprise, rip the audio guts out, get a cheap PC case for the motherboard plate and backplate etc. Rip that out with the status lights. Put the lights in the warp necells. Use the little PC speaker in the enterprise's deflector dish, then put power buttons on the underside of the saucer somewhere (as well as cooling) and link those same buttons to the circuitry I gutted from the enterprise toy, so, for example, when you press power on, it cycles through crapp like ENGAGE, GET OFF MY BRIDGE, etc...

Really just a mish mash of mutilated electronics geekificated into a PC.

Then of course once done you go into Windows and set things like CRITICAL STOP to say "RED ALERT!!!" instead of "BOOOOMMMMMP"

and instead of DEEEDUUUUU for you have mail in outlook "Captain incoming subspace message"

etc... you could set a positive virus detection to be deanna saying "I sense he's hiding something"... the fun is endless...

And remember--- if you run coretemp and it hits your max safe temp and you want it to turn off your system, that's Geordi saying "WE HAVE TO EJECT THE CORE"

Thank you.

Last edited:
That's a bit trickier.

One thing that'd be easy to do with little or no know how is to put, say, your HD activity and Power ON lights in the warp necells of the enterprise :p.

If I wanted to do this I'd be lazy (and wasteful) and buy a toy enterprise, rip the audio guts out, get a cheap PC case for the motherboard plate and backplate etc. Rip that out with the status lights. Put the lights in the warp necells. Use the little PC speaker in the enterprise's deflector dish, then put power buttons on the underside of the saucer somewhere (as well as cooling) and link those same buttons to the circuitry I gutted from the enterprise toy, so, for example, when you press power on, it cycles through crapp like ENGAGE, GET OFF MY BRIDGE, etc...

Really just a mish mash of mutilated electronics geekificated into a PC.

Then of course once done you go into Windows and set things like CRITICAL STOP to say "RED ALERT!!!" instead of "BOOOOMMMMMP"

and instead of DEEEDUUUUU for you have mail in outlook "Captain incoming subspace message"

etc... you could set a positive virus detection to be deanna saying "I sense he's hiding something"... the fun is endless...

And remember--- if you run coretemp and it hits your max safe temp and you want it to turn off your system, that's Geordi saying "WE HAVE TO EJECT THE CORE"

Thank you.

Those are all great ideas! I'm glad this thread is still active. Of course i would need to find a TOS era enterprise to get the sound effects and have Scotty saying something, unless i can find a larger sized NCC-1701D model to use. Most NCC-1701D models or toys will hardly fit a mini-ITX board. The 1/350 scale NCC-1701{A} (depending on paint details) can fit an mITX board.

Just FYI, this project is on hiatus until springtime. The funding has run dry currently for the season so hopefully during tax return season come springtime I may have the extra money to make this project a reality again.

Back