• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What exactly is this and do I need it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ekoh

As much as I think I know, i don't know everything :p.

When installing the drivers for my mobo i notice i have this driver called JMICRON JMB36X Controller Driver. I have no idea what it is, but i have always installed it.

My main question is, here friday or saturday i should be receiving my ocz agility 2 60gb SSD in the mail, Should I install that with the SSD installed? Everything "appears" to have work fine before i installed it, i am just cautious because i've heard that SSDs can be picky on how you run then (bios settins to AHCI,IDE, etc etc).

Anyone have any insign on what it exactly is and if i should install it with my SSD.

Thanks!

Pretty sure that is the SATA/RAID driver for your chipset, ASUS motherboard?

Probably didn't "need" it because Windows 7 has it built in I think, but it shouldn't effect your SSD install, but wait around on a second opinion for SSDs as I am unfamiliar with what makes them grumpy.

Back