• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 1090t 4ghz funbox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Peeved Kitten

I finally finished my build. My ram came in 6 days late, I was nearly frothing at the mouth and I think I scared the UPS guy.

So On to the fun stuff, here is my overclock!

This is it at 10 minutes

This is it at 20 minutes

finally at 30

I'm new here so I'm not sure what how far I can push this. I have some thermal head room but I'm clueless as to how to make it stable past 4ghz. I'm REALLY enjoying playing with this and have now spent probably 16 hours straight working on this.

Last edited:
It could be fine, but a lot of people like to do overnight burn test. I usually just start it when I go to bed and wake up the next morning to see where it's at.

It could be fine, but a lot of people like to do overnight burn test. I usually just start it when I go to bed and wake up the next morning to see where it's at.

I Ran Folding@home all night without any issues whatsoever. I changed the configuration though. I stepped my FSB down and ran my multi up. My ram was acting unstable as it was. What should my next step be to push the system higher?

and....

I would just keep going. Before you change the cpu speed more, read up on Dolk's guide and make sure your htlink and cpu-nb, mainly cpu-nb, speeds are in check. It has been shown that you achieve better performance by running the correct cpu-nb speed rather than a faster speed.

I would just keep going. Before you change the cpu speed more, read up on Dolk's guide and make sure your htlink and cpu-nb, mainly cpu-nb, speeds are in check. It has been shown that you achieve better performance by running the correct cpu-nb speed rather than a faster speed.

Here are my current settings. I want to mention I had major stability issues until I matched my CPU-NB and HTT freqs.

I could not have gotten here without Dolk's guide. I'm really grateful to him. If anybody is interested in specific benchmarks etc. please say so.

Do you have turbo, C1E and C&Q disabled? If not, do so, then have a go at getting higher.
I have had mine to 4.41Ghz with 1.55 vcore. I can now run it at the same frequency with 1.5 vcore.
It didn't like running with turbo enabled though, as the vcore fluctuated.

Do you have turbo, C1E and C&Q disabled? If not, do so, then have a go at getting higher.
I have had mine to 4.41Ghz with 1.55 vcore. I can now run it at the same frequency with 1.5 vcore.
It didn't like running with turbo enabled though, as the vcore fluctuated.

That is all off. If I go over 4ghz it is fairly unstable. It just shuts down flat. I have to unplug it to turn it back on. I suspect my power supply is the culprit since it is only a 550w. I am talking with my wife about my next case. I can't decide between ordering acrylic sheets and building my own. or the DD case.

http://www.dangerden.com/store/dd-double-wide-tower-21-black-series-edition.html

Looking at the screenshot you posted, that is a fairly low vcore for 4Ghz. I need 1.37v for a stable 4Ghz.
What vcore are you giving it to go higher?

Switch up your HTT to 225 or 250 (Depending on how your Memory behaves with the change) Get the CPU-NB as close to 3.0ghz as possible and lower your HT to 2.0-2.6ghz.

Max Voltages you should be using is 1.5 on the CPU and 1.3 on the CPU-NB.

Again I can't see your images due to work, so I'm shooting in the dark and telling you what I would do.

Hope this helps.

Tried upping my HTT per your recommendations, I was unable to attain an even slightly stable OC. I think I have some memory issues. As longs I leave the memory at 1.65v 1600 mhz and it's stock 9-9-9-24 timing It seems to behave okay. The second I touch memory it becomes insanely unstable. I've tried probably 100 different variables and have been unable to get it to even pass the w-prime 32 test.

It is ROCK solid @ 4 ghz, more than that and I run into some weird issues. The system just goes black but it stays on. I have to toggle the power and re-boot after. This happens at different times, sometimes during a bench sometimes on start up. ONLY when I am aiming for 4 ghz+ though.

I ordered a new 950w Xfire ready power supply today, NewEgg had an awesome deal on one for $79.99. I'm not in a rush to do this, If you have any suggestions as to what I can check for stability please let me know.

Currently I'm running with the following specs:
HTT = 200
CPU Multi = 20
CPU-NB = 2400
HT = 1800 (this gets unstable if i mess with it at all.

Vcore is at 1.42v
CPU-NB is at 1.22v and stable. This is a big deal for me I was having problems stability wise at under 1.3 but it seems to be working now.

I have not been able to push the system over 41 c in days. It just wants to stay cool.

I am curious about something and I'm not sure how to put it.

Example:
In the BIOS I set the CPU voltage to 1.45

PC-probe-it and CPU-Z all tell me that under load my vcore is at 1.308 or 1.356v.

at Idle the CPU sits at around 1.4-1.41

I have all the power-saving options off as well as LLC and the other options under that.

Is this normal? I just kind of expected that when I put in a voltage setting it would run right at or near it. I'm seeing almost .9 differences in what i set and what it is reporting under load.

I might just not understand, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Also if you really wana push it with F@H run the SMP client. That one will use all of your cpu cores rather than the one core used by the single threaded version :D http://www.stanford.edu/~kasson/folding/windows/[email protected] (psst set team number to 32 :bday:)

Cool stuff though. I'd get one now but Im still trying to getting all I can out of my 965 before I buy another chip. The higher clocks, lower temps, and lower voltages are really attractive

Also if you really wana push it with F@H run the SMP client. That one will use all of your cpu cores rather than the one core used by the single threaded version :D http://www.stanford.edu/~kasson/folding/windows/[email protected] (psst set team number to 32 :bday:)

Cool stuff though. I'd get one now but Im still trying to getting all I can out of my 965 before I buy another chip. The higher clocks, lower temps, and lower voltages are really attractive

I actually intended to set that up tonight. I've been folding since Saturday with the normal client. Really interested to see about the SMP client, and maybe throwing my GPU into the mix. It's older but I still get 100 fps in BC2 etc.

Vcore is at 1.42v
CPU-NB is at 1.22v and stable. This is a big deal for me I was having problems stability wise at under 1.3 but it seems to be working now.

I have not been able to push the system over 41 c in days. It just wants to stay cool.

I am curious about something and I'm not sure how to put it.

Example:
In the BIOS I set the CPU voltage to 1.45

PC-probe-it and CPU-Z all tell me that under load my vcore is at 1.308 or 1.356v.

at Idle the CPU sits at around 1.4-1.41

I have all the power-saving options off as well as LLC and the other options under that.

Is this normal? I just kind of expected that when I put in a voltage setting it would run right at or near it. I'm seeing almost .9 differences in what i set and what it is reporting under load.

I might just not understand, but any help is greatly appreciated.

That is called a nasty Vdroop. My old Asus M4N98TD EVO motherboard had one that was even nastier than that, but that is a pretty strong droop. You just have to compensate for it I believe.

Consider these numbers:
Set voltage = 1.45
voltage at idle = 1.41
voltage at load = 1.308 or 1.356 (which is ultra low)

Your Vdroop is equal to 1.45-1.308 which = .142V
or
Your Vdroop is equal to 1.45-1.356which = .094V

So in order to achieve 1.41V under load add .094V or .142V which means you should set your bios between 1.504 and 1.552. Try the lower number first.

So just add .094V or .142V to your set voltage to achieve the voltage you want. I would start off with .094 and move up to .142 if you find it to be more reliable. as you continue to overclock you should continually track your Vdroop to get it as accurate as possible. This will also help you be more scientific in the way that you OC.

I'm always here to compare numbers with :)

That is called a nasty Vdroop. My old Asus M4N98TD EVO motherboard had one that was even nastier than that, but that is a pretty strong droop. You just have to compensate for it I believe.

Consider these numbers:
Set voltage = 1.45
voltage at idle = 1.41
voltage at load = 1.308 or 1.356 (which is ultra low)

Your Vdroop is equal to 1.45-1.308 which = .142V
or
Your Vdroop is equal to 1.45-1.356which = .094V

So in order to achieve 1.41V under load add .094V or .142V which means you should set your bios between 1.504 and 1.552. Try the lower number first.

So just add .094V or .142V to your set voltage to achieve the voltage you want. I would start off with .094 and move up to .142 if you find it to be more reliable. as you continue to overclock you should continually track your Vdroop to get it as accurate as possible. This will also help you be more scientific in the way that you OC.

I'm always here to compare numbers with :)

After reading what Dolk posted on the 8-series thread I'm sure that V-droop is caused by LLC. MY system is rock solid stable even though I have a gnarly V-droop.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong in this assumption:
If you have a large V-droop like I do your CPU is running on less voltage and therefore runs cooler. So in a way, with LLC off and just stabilizing through the V-droop you are under-volting your CPU right?

Obviously if I'm running at 1.356 I should run cooler than if I were running 1.45. I've heard idle time can cause stability issues with a large V-droop, however my system runs folding@home 24/7, so it's never truly idle.

Am I understanding all this right?

That is right, your CPU ends up using less voltage under load, which translates to lower temperatures, however it can cause instability during idle due to incredibly high voltages at the same clocks. I think you have a grasp on it. It is really difficult to deal with. I'll post what my Vdroop looks like when I get a chance to test it on my CHIV. I'm happy about better temps on load though, Higher overclocks are nice!

Back