• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Palit branded video cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SecrtAgentMan

Has anybody heard anything about these cards?

I wanted to get a Palit GTX 460 since it was the only 1GB card I could find right now.

I've never heard of them before and was wondering if anybody had an experience (good or bad) with them.

Might hurt the resale value, but that's about it. If the card worked for a couple of years either of the two below will be true:
1) it won't break
2) if it breaks, you'll buy a similarly powerful card for like $30

All right, well if Newegg restocks the Palit 1GB card I'll get it.

Have you heard anything about MSI cards?

MSI is good. They make a few cards with extra high-quality parts (military-class) like the 5870 Lightning, 5770 Hawk (i got this one :D), and I'm pretty sure the GTX460 Cyclone too.

The one on NewEgg is the OC version with 725MHz core/1450MHz mem and it's just $235. One good thing about the Palit cards is that their HDMI connections are full sized instead of mini, so you won't need the adapter.

EDIT: Looks like it does have those extra high-quality parts: MSI NGTX460 Cyclone 1GD5/OC

Last edited:
I have some Palit GPU's and have been extremely happy with them, havent had a problem with any since bought -2008

I would purchase the EVGA with the life time warranty, if it fails you could get a free upgrade, alos video cards do die.

Last edited:
I've owned a PALiT (factory overclocked) gpu before. Definitely legit. Never had any problems with it, and I even managed to OC it a little further, on top of the factory overclock.

I can't comment on customer support, seeing as I had no problems with the card. I would buy from them again. ;)

I've purchased both MSI and Palit cards this year. I bought the MSI 5770 1GB (shrouded) which worked great. Unfortunately an AMD driver issue crippled the card but to my shock and surprise, MSI sent out one of the 5770 1GB HAWK models ($35 more expensive) to replace (RMA). They also have a great OC utility.

Two weeks ago, I purchased the Palit GTX 460 1GB for $205 at Newegg. They had a special deal and coupon code for the card. Despite the poor reviews, it's been running great on my system. BFBC2 runs at max settings at 1400x900 at around 45FPS at stock factory OC (Ci7-860, SSD, 2GB OCZ ddr3 1066). Mafia II demo at max settings, no PhysX had an FPS average of 55FPS. The primary complaint was regarding the lack of VRM coolers on the card. Yes, they are really hot, but all it takes to fix that is a simple trip to a Microcenter/Fry's.

Back