• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Cooler Master HAF-X Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Cooler Master HAF-X Case Review
by EarthDog

Side-View-300x225.jpg

Cooler Master is a well known company providing anything from case fans, power supplies, CPU heatsinks, and of course, cases. Today we will be looking at their flagship case named the HAF-X.

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
PUmp was in the HDD bays on the bottom, taking 3 of them out but still having 2 available + the two that are hot swappable.

The HAF cases always look too industrial for my liking. I can see them making a good gamers case though. :fight:

When I finally decide to splash out another shed load of cash on an i7 water cooled gaming build that doesn't have to be silent, it may be on my list of possible cases.... :sn:

Great case. I just upgraded from the HAF to the HAF-X. A slight drop in temps, on my 470GTX. I really like the looks of it over the HAF.

It is a roomy case, no doubt. At its price point there are a lot of great features on this unit, thats for sure.

One of the editors can likely answer that better but its more or less just about relationship building with the companies, and having a forum with a lot of visibility for exposure to their products.

I have bought some stuff on my own, but I cant say that is was SPECIFICALLY for review. It was a want/need and I put up a review on it (like my Obsidian 800d review and the 470 review for example).

the HAF X is an awesome case, i love mine, the only other case i would suggest soemone take a look at if they are thinking about getting the HAF X is the coolermaster 800D. i ulitmatly went with the HAF X because of the price difference.

the HAF X is an awesome case, i love mine, the only other case i would suggest soemone take a look at if they are thinking about getting the HAF X is the coolermaster 800D. i ulitmatly went with the HAF X because of the price difference.
Corsair Obsidian 800D. :santa:

But yeah $200 vs $289, the 800D while built a little better (feels more solid, hot swap cages slide better for example) doesnt have much more to offer.

CASE CM HAF X RC-942

The people that say there no USB3 benchmarks, Look at the new NEC uPD720200 on Asus and Gigabyte Motherboards(MB). I have a Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 and it has the pin header right on MB for two USB3 connection. When I contacted Coolermaster about HAF X lose 3 feet of USB3 in the case, they tell you there is no standards yet. That's dumb. Hey, there are now Mb that have it, MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, and the rest.

The only FAULT I have seen with the HAF-X is that the rear CPU cut-out needs to be slightly larger / wider, more towards the Ram as some Mobo's the CPU area is nearly half covered, thus you would have to take the Mobo out to mount a Back-plate for Atermarket cooler or WC
Prime example is the EVGA Classified Mobo

The only FAULT I have seen with the HAF-X is that the rear CPU cut-out needs to be slightly larger / wider, more towards the Ram as some Mobo's the CPU area is nearly half covered, thus you would have to take the Mobo out to mount a Back-plate for Atermarket cooler or WC
Prime example is the EVGA Classified Mobo

Agreed, I have the HAF 932 with the Biostar mb and when I went to mount the Noctua D-14 I had to remove the board just to put the back plate in. The wife has the Antec 1200 and is running a Asus P6X58D Prem. board and it barely let me put the back plate in when I put a D-14 on hers also.

Im wondering the same thing^^^ ive searched everywhere to find someone thats top mounted the thermochill pa140.3 but no luck.im not sure if the rad will mount along with the fans or not. hopefully someone will respond before i have to order a rad next week. im also wondering if anyone knows where to get a blue led 230mm fan to replace the front fan?

Back