• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Office Licensing Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jorvis

Registered
My school gave me Microsoft Office 2007 at no cost. It says it "isn't for OEM or RETAIL sale" on the disc. I was able to install it on one of my Desktops and one of my Laptops. When I attempted to install it on my second Desktop it said something about reaching maximum number of activations.

Now I have a problem though. I swapped hard drives between my two computers. I was still able to use Office on the drive that it had been installed.

Now I need to reinstall the OS on the drive which has Office installed. I'm not sure what will happen with my license though. Technically wouldn't the license be tied to the original computer which probably would be defined by the mainboard? It really doesn't matter which computer has Office as long as at least one does.

I don't think it will let me install it on either computer but can't I activate by phone? Would I be able to speak to a live person to explain my situation? If so what number do I call?

yes you can activate it by phone. i just activated office yesterday for one of our clients with the same issue.

at worst you will have to talk to a person who just does the same thing the automatic system does.

when you click on activate by phone it will give you the number to call.

Back