• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Overclocking an AMD L110-based Netbook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Overclocking an AMD L110-based Netbook
by David

Here I document how I overclocked my netbook from 1.2 GHz to 1.43 GHz using a simple software program and some trial and error. Performance was improved, with only a modest increase in load temperatures and no increase in Vcore.

1434-MHz-300x168.png

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom)

This is nice, David.

I suspect the WMV / robotica result is due to the HD being handled in your separate graphics chip.

Interestingly, newer flash versions also support some hardware-accelerated video (notably via the BCM970012 and BCM970015 that I've been eying for my ATOM-based netbook). If your card were supported, you might see similar results.

What version of Flash do you have installed now? Out of curiosity, does Chrome perform any better on YouTube on those HD videos?

So, I've finally got around to replying after ... uhh... 3 weeks. Sorry!

The WMV may well be being handled by the graphics, wheras Flash is likely all CPU. I'm not sure about VLC. Chrome didn't perform any better than Firefox (I tried both).

That sounds right. What version of flash were you using again? 10.1 and up have some hardware acceleration in them.

BTW, any recommendations for HD and SD video testing and measuring actual rendered framerate? (Say in VLC, WMP, KMplayer, etc.)

Parcelforce just delivered my BCM970015 this morning. :)

I went from 2.0 to 2.4 plus i lowered the volts also.It wont pass p95 for to long but it's just for internet or an occasional movie. Otherwise it's pretty snappy. Ram is running at 800 now so thats cool. Beats spending $120.00 for a TL-62 chip.

Attachments

• fsb.jpg
    fsb.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 353
Back