• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Midrange mobo for core i5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yomama

Hello everyone, for a number of reasons I have not been very active in ocing lately, but I am looking to get back into it. Can you give me some advice on a good midrange mobo ($150+/-) for a core i5 set-up. No extreme cooling, I am thinking of possibly using one of the new unlocked 655 chips.

Thank you

Yomama

if you want a good MATX board look at the GB-P55M-UD4 for sure.. other then that i havent kept up with newer H55 based boards for ocing... there are a number a of good boards with P55 in atx as well. GB's boards even at a $100 do pretty well for ocing as well. the GB-P55M-UD2 is another choice at around $100 in a MATX FF, i got a base clock up to 220 on it. though im pretty sure the fets blew when running a the more stressful i7 860 on it. i would suggest the board for any dual core ocing for sure, just not quad core ocing.

if you want a ATX FF then i suggest highly considering the GB-P55A-UD3 board. i know im mainly suggesting GB boards but i havent seen much on the Asus boards for ocing. should get some help soon about Asus boards, etc..

Back