• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Venomous X RT question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulwatch5

I just recently ordered a V XRT and after further inspection I come to find out it only comes with the one fan holder and no other fan clips to install a second fan. And looking on the web I can only find fan holders for the TRUE heatsinks and none labeled for the Venomous. They look pretty much exactly the same but since i don't have both heatsinks in front of me to check I cant be a 100% sure. Was hoping someone might know if the fan holders are interchangeable between the two heatsinks. :fight:

Link for fan holder
http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279599538&sr=8-6

Link for V X RT
http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1279600604&sr=1-2

Thanks in Advance

I know for a fact that the TRUE fan holders will not work on a Ven-X. I have a Ven-X and I have TRUE fan holders and tried it.:(

I would suggest that you to to the Thermalright website and write down their contact number and call them tomorrow about this. Maybe they can sell you some clips or another Ven-X fan holder directly. I did this some years ago to get mounting hardware and fan clips from them.

I know for a fact that the TRUE fan holders will not work on a Ven-X. I have a Ven-X and I have TRUE fan holders and tried it.:(

I would suggest that you to to the Thermalright website and write down their contact number and call them tomorrow about this. Maybe they can sell you some clips or another Ven-X fan holder directly. I did this some years ago to get mounting hardware and fan clips from them.

That was fast. Thanks for the quick response. Guess that's my only option of right now. Thanks again.

iirc, there was a way to get a fan on the VX without the shroud thingie...but I don't remember what it was, search around here for other people with the same problem.

After talking to them on the phone I had to email them my invoice from where i bought it and they are just going to mail me some extra fan clips. Lady seemed really nice and willing to help. So hopefully everything works out.

After talking to them on the phone I had to email them my invoice from where i bought it and they are just going to mail me some extra fan clips. Lady seemed really nice and willing to help. So hopefully everything works out.

That sounds like a good deal then man. I might give them a call myself and see if I can buy some of the plastic fan holders that fit the Ven-X for mine. I like the convenience of the fan holders over the wire clips for mounting normal sized fans.

I just found out something this afternoon. My order from CrazyPC came in with my NH-D14 and Cogage True Spirit and the TS comes with one set of wire clips in the retail box. I want to test with 2 fans, so I had also ordered an extra set of TS wire clips but they were out of stock and backordered. Anyways, when I opened the TS box up and looked at the clips, I knew I had seen them before. Sure enough, I looked at the clips that came with my Venomous X and they are the exact same wire clips. And I confirmed that they are by mounting a fan on the TS with the Ven-X clips. So if you need wire clips in the future for your Ven-X, you can simply use the ones that fit the Cogage True Spirit too. Remember, Cogage is just a subsidiary of Thermalright and I found all their hardware to be something that TR is already making.

I just found out something this afternoon. My order from CrazyPC came in with my NH-D14 and Cogage True Spirit and the TS comes with one set of wire clips in the retail box. I want to test with 2 fans, so I had also ordered an extra set of TS wire clips but they were out of stock and backordered. Anyways, when I opened the TS box up and looked at the clips, I knew I had seen them before. Sure enough, I looked at the clips that came with my Venomous X and they are the exact same wire clips. And I confirmed that they are by mounting a fan on the TS with the Ven-X clips. So if you need wire clips in the future for your Ven-X, you can simply use the ones that fit the Cogage True Spirit too. Remember, Cogage is just a subsidiary of Thermalright and I found all their hardware to be something that TR is already making.

I just got off the phone with the lady and supposely they have a huge request for the fan clips. She also confirmed that the Cogage Spirit have the same fan clips and acutally told me she just mailed out CrazyPC's fan clips to them today. They sent 200, so your probablily going to get yours in a bit. They just recently put the Venomous X RT out on the market and since it only comes with the one fan holder they are getting swamped with requests.

That's really nice customer service. I'm glad you got it worked out and the Thermalright team got a plus one in my book. :thup:

How is the fan on the RT?

I found the 2 versions for 39 cents apart, so if the fan is decent then it would be a cheap option. Or else I would likely order a Scythe S-FLEX SFF21G and just the base alone.

I know I would just get one clip though.

Haven't been able to find much info about the fan so far :-/

Ray

If your getting the heatsink for a Intel chip then differently get the base model and buy the other fan. I dont feel the extra $10-15 is it for the fan they provide. Though the X RT version is worth it if you have an AMD board because the base model doesn't include the mounting for AMD boards.

Thanks, Thermalright's site wasn't being nice to me yesterday.

With only a few cents difference for the two I thought I would see, but I will just go with the base and a fan I think.

Thanks for the reply.

Back