• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i think this cheap psu needs to be replaced..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Razorr

Registered
well i currently have an i7 build with the following shat box:
http://www.dww.net.au/service/i/31/n/titan-750w-atx-power-supply-with-dual-fan/co/v.html

My build is the following=
Case: Lian Li Lancool k60
MOBO: gigabyte x58a-udr3
CPU: i7-930 (not overclocked)
GPU: ATI 5770HDx1
RAM: 3x2gb GEIL CL9-9-9-24 1333mhz ram
HDD: Hitachi 1TB (X2 soon as im thinking of getting another.. and it wont be a hitachi)
PSU: Titan-750w
Other: Wireless card and Tv tuner
LEDs: None
Montior: 24" Acer x243H

ok so thats my above build and this was a build that someone 'custom' built for me... he obviously went for cheap parts when i told him what i wanted :screwy:

The problem:
i asked this guy who built me this build for a 750 watt PSU so i could Xfire OR Trifire my 5770... ofcoarse i dont know if im gonna get anywere near that with the psu he put me...

The questions:
1)Should i buy a Corsair TX-650 or TX750 (for xfire... still not sure about trifire)
2)Will i be able to run 2x5770s(no overclock) with that PSU (system runs fine with one 5770)?
3)is it even possible to trifire the with a tx-650/tx-750?

Jesus people dont do anything right these days without you keeping track of them or doing part of the job for them....

Thanks!

Last edited:
just the reply i was looking for =]...
and how would u rate my current psu?
(coincidence that i looked at this thread 1 minute after u posted 0.o...)

Back