Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: DDR-3 Help

  1. #1
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    To close to nyc

    DDR-3 Help

    Need some ddr3 advice for a ASRock58 I try to shoot for 3.8 water
    I remember there was problem on high volt ram and i7x58.
    On C2d had good luck with GSkill
    Below are 3x2 GSkill

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231225
    1.5-1.6v cas 9

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231247
    1.6V -1.65V cas 8

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231335
    1.5V cas 7 (is this worth 20 buck more) dont state Compatible for i7
    ASRock X58 Extreme,930@4080, Apogee xt D-4,6GBGskill cas7,ssd,Sapphire5870s in cf.
    ASRockZ68,ssd boot,2500K,16GBGskill,4890,Apogee xt-r2 Back up pc.

  2. #2
    with out knowing more details I'd go with F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI, slightly lower latency. not that it would be drastically better. with a little looking around it gets quite good reviews.

    CPU: Intel I7 960 Ultra120 cooler
    Mobo: ASUS P6X58-E-WS
    HD: OCZ Vertex 2 120GB
    RAM: Corsair DDR3 8-8-8-20 12GB
    GPU: 2x ATI HD5970 CrossfireX
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    Case: Silverstone TJ07

  3. #3
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    To close to nyc
    F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI was going to order due to lowest volts and fast timming.
    But couldnt pass up a asrock58 for 66 and a 930 for 199.

    Are heat sink MB spacing the same on Socket 1156 and 1366.
    ASRock X58 Extreme,930@4080, Apogee xt D-4,6GBGskill cas7,ssd,Sapphire5870s in cf.
    ASRockZ68,ssd boot,2500K,16GBGskill,4890,Apogee xt-r2 Back up pc.

  4. #4
    jaymz9350's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Marytucky, Ohio
    Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    Are heat sink MB spacing the same on Socket 1156 and 1366.
    No, 1366 has a slightly larger spacing.
    i7 3770k @ 4.5 1.25v
    4x2 GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
    ASRock Fatality Pro Z77
    XFX 7970 / Samsung SyncMaster 216BW
    Corsair TX750
    128 GB Samsung 830 / 1.5 TB WD Green / 500 GB WD Blue
    Folding User Stats

  5. #5
    d20 in a jacket

    ChanceCoats123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    Need some ddr3 advice for a ASRock58 I try to shoot for 3.8 water
    I remember there was problem on high volt ram and i7x58.
    On C2d had good luck with GSkill
    Below are 3x2 GSkill

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231225
    1.5-1.6v cas 9

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231247
    1.6V -1.65V cas 8

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231335
    1.5V cas 7 (is this worth 20 buck more) dont state Compatible for i7
    The tightest timed, highest speed Ram that runs the lowest voltage possible at those tight timings and high speeds is the winner every time. Don't skimp on ram. It makes a noticeable difference.

    Another thing, I just want to LOL at the "dont state Compatible for i7." What other processors can run triple channel memory? Or maybe it's for Amd and they just threw a third stick in there for fun. I'm just messing with you.
    Ed - "Aight it's pulling down... Thing is really tuned for LN2 though."
    This is the team you are looking for...
    I accept Bitcoins!

  6. #6
    ummm... my guess is the I5...

    CPU: Intel I7 960 Ultra120 cooler
    Mobo: ASUS P6X58-E-WS
    HD: OCZ Vertex 2 120GB
    RAM: Corsair DDR3 8-8-8-20 12GB
    GPU: 2x ATI HD5970 CrossfireX
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    Case: Silverstone TJ07

  7. #7
    Member
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    To close to nyc
    Made it through the ddr2 years Gskil+ballistic.
    Still have a i45 @1066 and i48@1110 with 2x2Gskil+2x1Blastic.
    Lost my job 1year ago so I didnt follow the i7s
    Mirco ctr had to put a store close by 930s 199.
    A week ago amazon had a ASRock 58 for 66.
    ASRock has to be the cheapest MB I ever got.
    Never had a quad so should be fun.
    Now we order some 1.5V cas 7 Gskill.
    Thanks all
    ASRock X58 Extreme,930@4080, Apogee xt D-4,6GBGskill cas7,ssd,Sapphire5870s in cf.
    ASRockZ68,ssd boot,2500K,16GBGskill,4890,Apogee xt-r2 Back up pc.

  8. #8
    d20 in a jacket

    ChanceCoats123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by ggledhil View Post
    ummm... my guess is the I5...
    Socket LGA 1156 is dual channel. Don't throw incorrect information around because it confuses those who don't know better.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    Made it through the ddr2 years Gskil+ballistic.
    Still have a i45 @1066 and i48@1110 with 2x2Gskil+2x1Blastic.
    Lost my job 1year ago so I didnt follow the i7s
    Mirco ctr had to put a store close by 930s 199.
    A week ago amazon had a ASRock 58 for 66.
    ASRock has to be the cheapest MB I ever got.
    Never had a quad so should be fun.
    Now we order some 1.5V cas 7 Gskill.
    Thanks all
    Nice. Good luck with the i7 build! I wish there was a MC around me. I would definitely give an 920 rig some thought.
    Ed - "Aight it's pulling down... Thing is really tuned for LN2 though."
    This is the team you are looking for...
    I accept Bitcoins!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •